Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

SEGS Jeffersons!

MJPHELANMJPHELAN Posts: 760 ✭✭✭
Wow! I cannot believe these are selling for this much on E-bay when the originals are still available at issue price from the Full Step Nickel Club.

SEGS Jefferson

Mark
Mark

Comments

• Options
    Bidders ID kept private says alot.
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a deliberate ploy to trap unsuspecting buyers - these are commonly available for about $80. I for one, will now never buy from this seller.

Cameonut

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this Matte coin sold for much, much less.

al h.image
  • Options
    nOoBiEeEnOoBiEeE Posts: 1,011 ✭✭

<< <i>this Matte coin sold for much, much less.

al h.image >>

Yuppers, I start the prices low... image
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>guys a scumbag but I guess people dont do their homework. >>

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    If you are interested in buying directly from the FSNC here is the contact information:

FSNC
    PO Box 10909
    Burbank, CA 91510-0909
    (818)759-4745
    FSNC5555@aol.com

I also strongly recommend becoming a member of the FSNC if you a jefferson collector. It has been a great club.

Mark
    Mark
  • Options
    Amazing. Closed at $266.66. Obviously, I sold my pair way too soon. I got less than the issue price!

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options

<< <i>the clown has one for RUSS

high deffinition kennedy >>

It's just a regular garden variety Accented Hair. PCI sometimes labels them "high definition".

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>If you are interested in buying directly from the FSNC here is the contact information:

FSNC
    PO Box 10909
    Burbank, CA 91510-0909
    (818)759-4745
    FSNC5555@aol.com

I also strongly recommend becoming a member of the FSNC if you a jefferson collector. It has been a great club.

Mark >>

Do they have a link?
  • Options
    Here is a link to the Full Step Nickel Club's Website

Full Step Nickel Club

Mark
    Mark
  • Options

<< <i>Here is a link to the Full Step Nickel Club's Website

Full Step Nickel Club

Mark >>

Just an FYI for you. That is NOT the FSNC official website. It is simply someone who offered to advertise for them and put together that site. At this time, they do not have an "official" website.

Regards,

J. Taylor
    CONECA Member
    FSNC Member

• Options
    This is a simple case of someone trying to "scam" newbies to ebay out of their $ in my opinion. He is using the "hide bidder" technique to allow himself or friends to run up the price on a certain item and then use the "selling" price of that item to sell more of the same. Since the patterns were available in pairs at the time of issue why would it be "rare" that they would both be offered togeather. Answer is it isnt "rare" and that price of $202 he lists one selling for could very well be a shill bidded coin that he ran the price up himself on.

Personally when i see private auctions where you dont see the high bidders name i run away like they have the plague as i have seen way to many scams associated with that.
  • Options
    EvilMCTEvilMCT Posts: 799 ✭✭✭
    What exactly is wrong with this sellers auction? I do not see anyone complaining about sellers getting outrageous prices on product that can still be purchased for retail directly from the mint. So what's wrong with this seller trying to sell these? Yes, he quoted another auction; so what?

Lastly, I'm serious about these questions. I'm not trying to start anything here, I just want to know why one instance is bad but others are ok.

Ken
    my knuckles, they bleed, on your front door
  • Options

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file