Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

2004 Roosies.....Why are none graded yet?

What's everyone waiting for? None graded as of 5/11/04. Do the good dimes only come from the mint sets?? M.image

Comments

• Options
    wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

I was wondering about this myself, glad you asked for me image
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Out of the rolls and rolls and rolls I have searched.... nada..zip... Only interesting thing is a lot of die cracked coins mixed in. imageimageimageimageimageimage
    Dan
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    I haven't even seen one yet, so I assume they're not readily available yet.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Why waste your time searching for them? There's nobody to buy them. I guess if you keep them for yourself it would make sense.
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 5 rolls of both P & D and will be sending some in, but have yet to look at them. I will soon.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

<< <i>Why waste your time searching for them? There's nobody to buy them. I guess if you keep them for yourself it would make sense. >>

I'm looking for them! But only one of each preferably in FB...
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been receiving the '04-D dimes in change for the past month or so, some of them from freshly opened rolls. The quality has been just average - mostly MS64-65, non FB - nothing worth keeping so far.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    Waldo

How much are you willing to pay for one?
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    2004P & D PCGSMS68FB $55 each. In a year they'll either be $25 or $125 each
  • Options
    You're probably right Nick! What a waste of time to look for!
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭
    Why a waste of time? Maybe to dealer but to collectors these coins mean alot. That's the jist of this thread. We obviously know who the dealers are here and that they don't care about the collectors. If you can't make cash then the heck with the collector. What a shame.

M.
  • Options
    It sucks people only suck off these boards for profit. image
  • Options
    Manorcourtman

First of all, I only lose $ on these threads and have never made $1 from this crew.

Secondly, you're right i should just provide the very best coins and make very little or actually lose money while I loose use of my hands from tendonitis and my back gives out. it's a lot of work to provide top notch coins with considerable risk of loss of investment and severe aggravation with PCGS's inconsistency. My only point is that it's not worth seeking out these coins when there are more profitable ventures to undertake.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Collectors will always collect and obviously a 2004 dime is collectible (or at least will be).
    But it isn't profitable to look for many of these coins so collectors are going to have to do
    more of the looking. Looking is a blast so they'll still be found in any case.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Datentype- Point taken. End of story. Chris
  • Options
    Daten
    If your only losing money then why respond to this thread? You are obviously not interested in the topic.
  • Options

I sometimes wonder why people have to dump on another persons thread because it simply doesnt interest them.

Obvious it interested the original poster enough to ask a simple question. So if it doesnt interest you then just let it pass. The thread title is pretty obvious, so if it doesnt interest you...let it go. Please take your frustration out on someone else. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    I see, we have more geniuses here. it very much interests me as i submit coins and sell them for a living. it is alarming that there is no money in coins that are tough to make - only my frustrations here. You guys can continue to read my posts and interpret them how you want but I would be willing to bet you guys ain't cranking a 90.
  • Options

<< <i>2004P & D PCGSMS68FB $55 each. In a year they'll either be $25 or $125 each >>

O.K. Nick. I'll paypal ya $110.

Ron (drunk again but true to my word!)
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Ron, When I get one its yours for $110....image
  • Options
    Ok people, I will bust open my 2004's and look at them! I will send them in ASAP!

I'm a collector and will look for myself first. Then if more are made in MS66-69FB, I will put them on this board for sale. I'm sure someone will want them. Being a collector, I don't care what they sell for, just as long as I don't lose any $$$, although the more $$$ the better!

LaBROZZI though has to pay double! image

Later Gators!
    Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    DITTO on the $110 paypal thingie.... image
    Dan
  • Options
    Best of luck on the rolls Paul... Mine so far have had trash in them.. image
    Dan
  • Options
    Yep.. Going to roll them back up, put a sack over my head,(dont want to be seen with them) turn those ugly boys back into real cash.
    Dan
  • Options
    I've got 10 rolls, so I hope that I don't get a sore back or tendonitis, working like a dealer! imageimage

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

<< <i>I've got 10 rolls, so I hope that I don't get a sore back or tendonitis, working like a dealer! imageimage

Later, Paul. >>

I don't know nothin' bout no dealer, but do know that the typical ten rolls of
    dimes from a few years back would not have any gems in them. In fact for most
    dates you'd need about thirty or forty rolls from thirty or forty different sources
    to be reasonably sure of finding a gem.

Generally you'll need fewer than fifty mint sets to do as well or better. These
    are lighter than the rolls but require more effort to find.

Good luck on your rolls, please let us know how you do.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Do worry guys the mint sets will be out in June and there will be plenty of MS-68 fb around. If we help each other we can get rid of the dealers.
  • Options
    Cladking, I would like to hope that you are wrong, but you are about 99% accurate with everything you post regarding clads, hence the title "Cladking", but...I just want to provide my set with my "Homemade" 2004 MS68FB's if I can. If these rolls suk the big one, I will buy a few Mint sets when they come out.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    The rolls and mint sets do vary by date and it's entirely possible you'll find
    a small handfull of MS-68 FB's. It's merely improbable. Again, good luck.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options

<< <i>Ron, When I get one its yours for $110....image >>

That's one of each!!!!image
  • Options

<< <i>...I just want to provide my set with my "Homemade" 2004 MS68FB's if I can. If these rolls suk the big one, I will buy a few Mint sets when they come out.

Later, Paul. >>

Cherrypicking the mint sets still qualifies as "homemade" in my book. It is a real chore trying to grade the durn things through the mint set packaging!
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options

bump image
  • Options
    Well folks, I've been working those 10 rolls hard. I found that the 2004-D's were alot better condition wise then the 2004-P's, but the P's had a better strike. Alot of full bands, but nothing better then a couple of 66's at best.

Alot of luster on the P's for sure, but, found the dimes to be very nice overall, except for all of the chatter on the surfaces. 1-2 may be worth grading. I will keep them until I see the Mint sets.

Thanks, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    I have seen several of the 2004's in circulation and not a single one of them would qualify for FB status. The lower half of the torch has been terribly weak on all of them.... image

I have also noticed that the '4' has a tendency to be weak (at least on the ones that I have seen). If this is the trend, then there won't be very many super-gems coming out of the rolls.

Guess I'll have to wait until the mint sets come out as well....
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'