Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Nice medieval piece.

Hainaut
Marguerite de Constantinople (1244-1280), AR petit gros. Obv: mounted knight right, +MONETA VALENCENENSIS. Rev: cross, crescents in quarters, inner legend +*SIGNVM CRVCIS*, outer legend +MARGARETA
Text

Comments

• Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭
    Nice centering....nice flan....nice antique patina....nice strike.....NICE!! image

• Options
    Mac, like you would know a nice coin if you saw one.image
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very cool coin... python did you get this one too? If so, congrats... a real show piece...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    coinkat, nope this ones not mine. It costs $400 and I've pretty much spent my coin budget for the next few years.image
    I told the wife no more coins for the rest of the year. Do you think I can do it.image
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just consider selling afew items that are no longer interesting... that seems to get afew miles... it is a difficult decision because I am DOING THAT now,

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    No, I don't think you can pass on this one. It's gorgeous imageimage
    4 765 of 50 971 (9.35%) complete image

First DAMMIT BOY! 25/9/05 (Finally!)

" XpipedreamR is cool because you can get a bottle of 500 for like a dollar. " - Aspirin

• Options
    Mr. Python, that is one super impressive coin. It would fit well in your collection.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    "I told the wife no more coins for the rest of the year."

Python the year isn't even half over.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    Coinkat, I'm going to be selling a few things but not sure how much is going for coins.

<< <i>Python the year isn't even half over. >>

Steve, I know.image I'm sure I'll manage to sneak in a couple.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Awesome coin, Python!!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭
    "Yes Dear! Not another red cent on a hammered coin." "For the rest of the year, I'll collect milled stuff!!" image
  • Options

<< <i>"Yes Dear! Not another red cent on a hammered coin." "For the rest of the year, I'll collect milled stuff!!" >>

imageimage
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Quite nice!

Not the same by far, but reminds me of this coin:
  • Options
    Nwcs, that's cool where is it from?
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    That's one of my favorites, Python!! I've not managed to get one, though. That's a primo example, scarce in that grade.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    I've bought the coin.image
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Congrats python, she's a beauty!!!
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson