Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Help With Ebay Situation

Hey Guys:

I sold a coin on Ebay for the first time. A bidder with a rating of only 7 positives with no negatives won the auction. I sent him an email two hours after the auction closed with payment details which included a payment requirement within seven days. In the subsequent 14 days I have sent him two more emails.

I have not received any payment or communication from him whatsoever. Therefore, I'm gonna go ahead and sell the coin at a coin show this week.

My question is.....I know I still have to pay the listing fee. But, do I still have to pay Ebay commission on an item that I have never received payment for? If not....how do I get them to reverse the fees?

Thanks guys.
Go well.

Comments

• Options
    ddinkddink Posts: 2,748
    Go to the ebay help page and type in "non paying bidder" and it should give you the form you need to get your final value fee back.
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭
    I've never had to do this, but I do know that if you report it to ebay, they won't charge you.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Yep, report the person and do the non paying bidder part. Then relist the item.
  • Options
    nOoBiEeEnOoBiEeE Posts: 1,011 ✭✭

<< <i>Go to the ebay help page and type in "non paying bidder" and it should give you the form you need to get your final value fee back. >>

Follow what ddink says and you will get fees back.
  • Options
    ddinkddink Posts: 2,748
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • Options
    You guys are super.....thanks very much.

Go well.
  • Options
    there is a 'time' requirement involved with that - don't remember how much time you must wait before applying.
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Don't you have to give them something like 30 days to respond before you can file your non-paying bidder claim. Also, do you have to go through the ebay invoicing process, like three day reminder thing?
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Coins101,

The answer to those questions would be no, and no. It must be at least 7 days from auction end, but no more than 45 days. There is no requirement that the seller use the eBay invoicing system. Then, after filing the non paying bidder report, you have to wait 10 days before filing the FVF request.

Russ, NCNE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file