Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

opinions on this 1901 liberty nickel?

I found this and love the contrast.. Was told it is worthless but not to me just wanted others opinions.. I kinda think the Pic might make a cool print for the study

imageimage
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who know binary and those who don't.

Comments

• Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a great looking coin MrDan, and I certainly wouldn't call it worthless! It is hard to tell from the pics, but it is at least EF and possibly AU or MS. Just a little toning - nothing wrong with that.
  • Options
    I don't see how that's worthless, it may not be a rare date, but it is fairly high grade. I like the color.
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Might have an old cleaning. Hard photo to judge could be xf40-au. The rim hit on the obverse might hurt the grade some.
  • Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    Hey, that's a great coin to carry around as a conversation piece. Worth about 50C or so.
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    I think it looks great. The contrast is great. You got any visible kernals of corn on the wreath there on the reverse?
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Interesting cameo effect, but the green in with the brown is verdigris.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557
    Cool! imageimageimage
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    corrosion made that possible. i appreciate the fact that YOU like it. that's the TRUE measure of "worth".

K S
  • Options

<< <i>I think it looks great. The contrast is great. You got any visible kernals of corn on the wreath there on the reverse? >>

yes.
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who know binary and those who don't.
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    New to the board. I have a 1901 V Nickel. How do I upload phots's for you guys to Grade for me? Thanks, LeeG
  • Options
    GonfunkoGonfunko Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭
    You can go through the rather complicate upload process (DominusDeus has a great tutorial) or send them to me at gonfunko@yahoo.com as an attachment and I'll lend you some of my webhosting space.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those pics do indeed show some nice contrast. The red X really stands out on the field of white.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Yes, those are high grade red x's.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file