Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Grades just in

1942 Walking Lib MS-64
1960 Franklin PF-67
1863 Octagonal Liberty $1 BG-1307 Kroll BB (Improperly cleaned)

They were submitted at the Portland ANA show and I'm quit disappointed at
NGC for the 1942 and 1863 submissions. I bought the '42 as a solid MS-65
with a chance of being MS-66. The Kroll piece, has me stumped. No sign of cleaning. Has anybody encountered bogus grades applied by NGC? I think I'm going to have PCGS crossover the walker to the grade it should be.

Comments

• Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    The grade on the 42 is only one point lower than expected and the cleaning on the Kroll coin must be severe enough to warrent not being slabbed although if it's close it might be worth submitting again. Don't forget these people grade for a living so maybe you should really study the coins to see what they are seeing. As far as crossing the walker to PCGS- it's only a $35 coin in 64 and a $120 coin in 65 so why throw $30 plus postage both ways at it again? Good luck if you do send it to PCGS though. mike image
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,912 ✭✭✭✭
    Send 'em to PCI or NTC or ACG(AGC? I don't know what they are called?) Maybe you'll get what you want?? Better luck next timeimage
  • Options

<< <i>Send 'em to PCI or NTC or ACG >>

I wouldnt suggest it, they may have the number on the slab but they wont usually be worth the full price because they overgrade coins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file