I am working on a Canadian type set and looking for the following:

-small cents
- 5 cent pieces
-20 cent piece
-25 cent pieces
-50 cent pieces

Looking for VF or better coins.

Happy to buy, trade coins, trade books.

If posting this is considered bad form someone please let me know and I will remove the thread.

PM or email at brian@oldcoppers.com

Thanks,
-Brian

Edited at Askari's suggestion (good one I might add).

Comments

• AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Welcome, Brian! No, it's not "bad form" on this forum. We've got quite a few "Greysiders" -- as we call them here -- who will no doubt post here. You might want to indicate what grade range you're looking to collect in.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Do you have any particular year that you are interested in?
    Shep
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have dealt with Brian. A OK in my book.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • allegriallegri Posts: 405
    Not interested in any particular years. I have no small cents or 25 cent pieces so any are good.
    Basically any and all Canadian coinage.

I finished a US Type Set (with the gold) in December after (only) 14 years (Baleys images of his set prodded me to finish).
    Thought doing a Canadian set would be fun. Bought some books and studied a bit, found Canadian coinage to be quite interesting - numerous design types, metallic compositions, lots of monarchs and animals. Ajann (Don) got me started a few weeks back with a nice selection of coins and i thought trying to finish the rest of the set with the help of other forum members would be cool.

Regards,
    -Brian

Moving this up again-thanks!
    Moving this up again-thanks!
    resurrecting this oldie once again
  • Some cheapies HERE.
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • sursum!
  • theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    You looking for modern or older stuff,, I have some Modern sets.
  • I thought that in the US you could get Canadian money in change! I know I have - I was on a trip from Canada to Florida, and I got Canadian coinage in change at a toll booth. At the next toll road, I tried to spend the same coinage, and they refused to accept it. Go figure, I get stuck with lower value coins in a foreign country!
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought that in the US you could get Canadian money in change! >>

I get one cent coins in change all the time. No problem with those. When they try to give me 5c, 10c or 25c coins I tell them to please give me a US coin for the sole reason that other places don't take Canadian money at par. The only exception was about 2 months ago when I got a 1954 Canadian 25c in change. I kept that one.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don