Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New Lower Priority Mail Costs?

I went to ship a package that weighed 1 lb 15 ozs. and before it would have cost $5.75, but it comes up $3.95

When I type in 2 lbs. 6 ozs. it comes up $4.75

It seems they raised the Priority Mail prices to $3.95 for up to 2 lbs, but lowered it for heavier items.

I called PayPal to verify it and they did the calculation on the USPS web site and got the same information.

My posts viewed image times
since 8/1/6

Comments

• Options
    KriekKriek Posts: 1,044
    Mine are always $3.85 image
    J.Kriek
    Morgan Dollar Aficionado & Vammer
    Current Set: Morgan Hit List 40 VAM Set
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I just did the calculation at the USPS site and it comes up with $5.75 for 1 lb. 15 ozs.

It seems the PayPal / PitneyBowes site is calculating it wrong
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    When the last price hike went into effect, they added pricing by zone. Also, the flat rate rate went down from the 2 lb to 1 lb rate. Maybe your package is a close-in zone, so it's less.
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,988 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When the last price hike went into effect, they added pricing by zone. Also, the flat rate rate went down from the 2 lb to 1 lb rate. Maybe your package is a close-in zone, so it's less. >>

Along those lines, maybe PayPal has the wrong zip code in their system...
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    If you use the flat rate envelopes it is always $3.85....
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

<< <i>When the last price hike went into effect, they added pricing by zone. Also, the flat rate rate went down from the 2 lb to 1 lb rate. Maybe your package is a close-in zone, so it's less. >>

It's a local delivery address so I guess that is it. When I checked in the USPS site I did use a different zip code. I never knew that.
    since 8/1/6

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file