Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is there a market for the following card ?

Was listing some duplicates HOF I have on Ebay tonight and was wondering if I should sell this card or just hold onto it....

Thanks

For the record the Auto is legit the card itself is trimmed.

Comments

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i like it
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    But on their site they say they will not encapsulate if the sig is real and the card is altered or if the card is real and the sig is fake. Why did they cap trhat one?
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    They've been going to the "authentic" grade more lately due to problems like this on notable cards, escpecially autos. They won't give trimmed cards actual grades, but they do authenticate them. It's a nice looking, high-profile card, with a rare autograph of a popular HOFer. They didn't grade it, per se, but they did say it's a real Bowman card, and they did authenticate the autograph, which is the important part. The fact that it was trimmed would be immaterial for a lot of people, but obviously it's not as nice as having an intact card.

So yes, there certainly would be a market for that card. Given both the popularity of the card and Reese autos, I imagine it would get at least a couple hundred dollars.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Please keep in mind that an autographed card submitted under the PSA card grading and autograph authentication combination service must pass both autograph authentication and card grading authentication in order to be encapsulated. For example, a card that is deemed altered in any way will not be encapsulated even though the autograph may be genuine. In addition, if the card is deemed original and unaltered yet the autograph does not pass inspection, then the card may not be encapsulated. There may be very rare exceptions to the rule on a case-by-case basis (whereby the autograph and card are deemed authentic but the card has been altered in some fashion). In a rare case where an authentic card has been altered, PSA may choose to label the card "Authentic" since the card cannot have a grade assigned. Keep in mind that this is a rare occurrence and PSA must feel that the encapsulation is warranted and justified. The final determination, as to whether a card is encapsulated under these conditions, is at PSA's sole discretion.

Guess they are making more exceptions