Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Please divide the US Coin Forum....

NicNic Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
Into classic, modern (any year picked is fine), and online auction/Ebay catagories. This was discussed before though never panned out. The net interest, topics, and responses would increase. Many do not have the time to wade through pages of posts and replies. A topic that I may enjoy or contribute to may be on page 5-6 by the end of the day. Please see Bustman's post.
What do you all think?

K

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Would we lowlife modern collectors be allowed in the elite collector's classic forum?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>Would we lowlife modern collectors be allowed in the elite collector's classic forum?

Russ, NCNE >>

nope image
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Options
    melikecoinsmelikecoins Posts: 1,154 ✭✭
    Maybe better yet

A Dealer -Collector split

Glen
    I don't buy slabs I make them
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    I think each member should be assigned his own forum.
  • Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    The split's OK by me, but no pansy half-measure stuff. 1836 as the date. Everybody knows Morgans and Indian anythings are esentially modern. image The cool thing about that idea is that any news not specifically related to pre-steam coinage wouldn't be hoisted on the classic crowd. image
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

• Options
    What about those of us that are just attracted to shiny things of any date. We'd have to keep hopping around...
    J.C.
    *******************************************************************************

imageimageSee ya on the other side, Dudes. image
  • Options
    No elite vs low life at all. Just different primary interests. Russ.... I'm still looking for MY ms 1964 half. K
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would we lowlife modern collectors be allowed in the elite collector's classic forum?

This idea wouldn't divide the posts by poster, or his (her) collecting preferences.

Rather, the threads would be divided by topic of the thread.

I support this idea. image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    NewmismatistNewmismatist Posts: 1,802 ✭✭

<< <i>Would we lowlife modern collectors be allowed in the elite collector's classic forum?

Russ, NCNE >>

Russ, Anyone who can generate over 20,000 posts is certainly not a "lowlife" - maybe a bit obsessive, but certainly not a "lowlife"! image
    Collecting eye-appealing Proof and MS Indian Head Cents, 1858 Flying Eagle and IHC patterns and beautiful toned coins.

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.” Mark Twain
    Newmismatist
  • Options

<< <i>Russ, Anyone who can generate over 20,000 posts is certainly not a "lowlife" >>

More like a "nolife". image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178

<< <i>More like a "nolife". >>

• Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the way it is set up now....Just pick the strings you want to join and ignore the rest.image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They split the Roman Empire into the Eastern and Western Empire in AD 305. The Western Empire (Rome) fell in AD 476. The Eastern Empire (Constantinople) hung in until AD 1453.

If you guys split this chat room into the West and Eastern Chat room, I will select the Eastern Chat room.

That way I will enjoy it at least another 1000 years.image
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    Here are the new categories:

Russ forum (he will talk to himself all day)

All others

• Options
    That's a very mean thing to say.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>That's a very mean thing to say. >>

Get him Russ!...
  • Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> A topic that I may enjoy or contribute to may be on page 5-6 by the end of the day. Please see Bustman's post.
    What do you all think?

K >>

Are you talking about bustman's post that got bumped up from 2003?
    Ken
  • Options

<< <i>That's a very mean thing to say. >>

• Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Taking the risk of sounding stupid here, you do know that PCGS has a solution for this already in place right?

Just go to the top of the page on the right and click on the "Today" button. When that window opens on the right side is all your most recent threads that you posted to. Even if they were not posted to today, it's just a list of the last few threads that you posted to. I use this every time I log on.

I hope this helps,
    Ray
  • Options
    Thats a bad idea in my opinion. Would you be willing to pay a monthly fee to have it divided that way?
  • Options
    mrpaseo... thank you, yes, I know of that feature though it does not address the problem of new threads. I feel this forum is great though could be better. If people found threads that they are interested in easier, I think we would have more and better participation. Flame away image. K

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file