Home U.S. Coin Forum

"Roosie addicts" -- check out these MS grades!!!!!!

Coin List Coins for invoice number 2070597
Line
Item Year Mint Mark Variety/Pedigree Denom. Proof Grade Strike Char Comments

001 1953 S 10C MS 68*

002 1958 D 10C MS 67 FT

003 1947 D 10C MS 68* FT

004 1949 10C MS 68* FT

005 1948 D 10C MS 68*

Not a bad submission!!!!! Even Onlyroosies would like this batch -- all are rainbows!!!!!!!!!
Anyone know the pops on these??imageimage
"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
rainbowroosie April 1, 2003

Comments

• robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    DUDE YOU SUCK! image
  • That's a great submission! As for the pops - I'd venture to think that you could count all of them on one foot image
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Groooovy!!!!!!!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Wow, those must be some sweet looking coins!

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats image

gonna need to see some pictures.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    According to a board member, the pops are:

53S = 1
    58D = 2 with 2 higher
    47D = 1
    49P = 1
    48D = 1

Yes, I am BRAGGING!image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    I sure wish I could nail a submission like that.....................just once would make me happy for a long time.
    As I am computer illiterate, I will seek the services of the master imager Greattoning or his elf, Onlyroosies....Nick has promised to image my proof roosie rainbow set in return for copious quantities of expensive wine...perhaps I can slip a few MS roosies in as well!imageimage
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    hey hey Bill, you got your wish and your signature taggline has come true - many times over it seems. GREAT submission.....coins come from one of those mnster sets you recently bought?
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome results. Congratulations.
  • NGC? image Nice coins go PCGS. image
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on some nice coins!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Congrats on your submission.
    Stacy

Sleep well tonight for the 82nd Airborne Division is on point for the nation.
    AIRBORNE!
    Waldo,
    Not true...I send my very best roosies to NGC and always have, since I like rainbows and so do they...Thus, anything for "my set" goes to NGC, whereas coins "for resale" I send to PCGS.....image
  • Dude, for that one, you earn a definite - YOU SUCK!!!!!

Great submission and results!!!
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭
    Bill, Bill, Bill...First off I'll say Great job, Your finally playing the game. I thought I'd
    leave this post on a while before I replied to see if you would fess up on how
    these great Roosies were submitted. I have had many submissions that look like
    yours from across the street. Let me make a little prediction below and correct
    me if I'm wrong. Here's your submission and where I think the coins came from.

001 1953 S 10C MS 68* Submitted as a regrade already in the NGC MS68 holder. Star added

002 1958 D 10C MS 67 FT Same as above as a 67. FT added

003 1947 D 10C MS 68* FT Same as above as a 68. Star and FT added

004 1949 10C MS 68* FT Same as above as a 68. Star and FT added

005 1948 D 10C MS 68* Same as above as a 68. Star added....I'm a little surprised this didn't get FT too.

These coins all came from your set and its about time (a year after FB & FT) you sent them in for review.
    Now cross them???? and add them to your registry set.

Bill, let me know when you want to sell a few. You have at least a grand worth of dimes there...image

• wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill: Nice job. Glad to see you "in the game". image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
    Nick,
    you really think they are worth $1000?? That's "chump change" for an Onlyroosies submission!!!!imageimageimage
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic submission! Wow!

Jeremy

PS- I am another photography elf image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • bushmaster8bushmaster8 Posts: 5,616
    Bill!! That is fanfreakin'fantastic!

How did you get over your phobia about the coins getting "damaged" during the regrade process (assuming Nick is right about these being 'review' coins). You see, nothing happened to them except good things!

Now that you've taken the first baby-step, you will keep growing and someday come to realize that your set, being truly a work of art, will be better in PCGS holders. After all, you wouldn't put the Mona Lisa in a K-Mart frame would you? (Though I do agree that Rainbows look better in the white holders.image)

Glad to see your old eyes are still sharp!
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file