Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Switched cards in PRO cases? ?

Fake Jordan 8.5 Pro would have given it a 10 for sure

He has tons of sweet (trimmed vintage) stuff. The Jordan is fake though and PRO would have graded it way higher. Pro cases come apart very easily.

Comments

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I don't think that one is real, I just held up my PSA 7 to it and it just doesn't quite look right. I've dealt with this seller before, in fact, I think I had a very good experience with him, though I don't remember what I bought. Maybe some wax if I remember right. Anyway, very suspicious looking at all that high grade PRO stuff, plus the buyer id's are private. Thats usually a tell tale sign they are worried about someone informing the buyers.
  • Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    I dont know guys seems like a decent Marino to me.

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Look at some of his older cards, they may be trimmed but they all look perfect and are very high end. Something isn't right here. Lots of high end rookies, even if they were trimmed they are still perfect ever other way. Almost like they are reprints or photoshoped. The Jordan is fake for sure, I can tell from the scan and I find it hard to believe PRO would give that a 8.5 unless the back is covered in crayon.
  • Options

<< <i>Almost like they are reprints or photoshoped. >>

Thats my point. Anyone with PS or PSP can figure it out. It took me less then 5 mins to do the Marino, and that was a rush job.

It would be nice if the grading companies could keep a master DB with the owners, and cross reference it with Ebay. The only people who could change "ownership" of the serial numebr would be the person with the serial number originally.

Now that I think about it that would be to much work for the "3rd party" submitters. O well its a thought.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    yeah but I mean common sense says that he got those pics from a website or something because they are like perfect examples of the cards, there is not way they would be PRO 8s so I am thinking he likely will not send the cards at all. I think he is using PRO so people will think the cards are legit since they look so perfect and they plan on busting them, well I don't think anyone will ever get their cards. or else they are reprints that are stuck in the holders. All the bidders are getting ready to grab their ankles.
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Nice work on that Marino image
  • Options

<< <i>Nice work on that Marino image >>

Thanks. Edited pic. Speaking of which would people (buyers) have problems if people put a "watermark" or some other type of tes/etc. across the picture of the card?

I mean I can put a "raised" clear text line across the card and it USUALLY will not take away from the card. It is "imbedded" into the graphic so it is hard to remove/manipulate.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    ID history for t2inc -

t2inc Feb-26-03 Present

valrey Mar-31-01 Feb-26-03

dr.muscles Dec-03-99 Mar-31-01

eltico48 Oct-25-99 Dec-03-99

knick-fan Jul-24-99 Oct-25-99
  • Options
    Something like this: