Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

samsgirl214- great trader/buyer

just got payment for a large deal for about 200 of my Brett Favre cards. being a newbie to the BST boards, i sent the cards first, and had no problem with doing so because i've heard she is an awesome trader. payment was sent a day after the cards arrived. if the forums had more traders like her, i would be wheeling and dealing all the time. thanks!

Comments

• Options
    I second your comments regarding samsgirl214...one of the best I've dealt with also.
    Trade Pg
    Auto and GU Pg
    Bills Web Site Main Page
    Refs; ajbry,allen,baljitgill, Speedmaster,BigE187211,samsgirl214,Many
  • Options
    chilly, are you a Favre collector? i need some help regarding the existence (or lack thereof) of a Favre card
  • Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    I will be trading with her soon (seem to have misplaced the cards..ooops) are you two also Favre fans? Have some more (after she gets first shot of course).
  • Options
    Favre is my favorite player. at one point, i had nearly every card produced from his rookie year to 1997. i got annoyed at the proliferation of low numbered junk and game used, and pretty much gave up. i still have several hundred Favres, but i see no point in trying to keep up with all the new stuff
  • Options
    goodriddance189,

Have a few Favre cards of my own I must say. What card are you wondering about?
    Trade Pg
    Auto and GU Pg
    Bills Web Site Main Page
  • Options
    ok, here goes. in 1995, Skybox had two redemptions for Favre Skymotion cards. the odds were 1/360 or so. according to Beckett, there are two variations- one passing, and one running (most likely one is a first series redemption, and one is a second series). i have the passing variation. after almost a decade, i have yet to verify the running variation. never seen one offered, although i've seen at least 50 of the passing redemption.
  • Options
    In Beckett they state that the M1 is 1:360, but there is no mention of the M2 as far as odds. It is listed though in the Beckett under the M1. Well I checked the Favre archives and I don't have it. I guess you have me searching for the WHITE WHALE now also.

Bill
    Trade Pg
    Auto and GU Pg
    Bills Web Site Main Page
  • Options
    samsgirl214samsgirl214 Posts: 2,074 ✭✭
    Thanks for the great deal...can't wait to get the montana list from you..and to all who replied..thanks for all the kind words image
  • Options
    My skymotion of brett he is running, i do not have the passing version, I'm sure i have not seem it or it would be in my collection..lol

Will...I'm doing a show on the 8th, If i find the passing skymotion version i have i will pick it up for you
  • Options
    Sounds like samsgirl214 has the WHITE WHALE (running Favre).
    Trade Pg
    Auto and GU Pg
    Bills Web Site Main Page
  • Options
    goodriddance189goodriddance189 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭

<< <i>My skymotion of brett he is running, i do not have the passing version, I'm sure i have not seem it or it would be in my collection..lol

Will...I'm doing a show on the 8th, If i find the passing skymotion version i have i will pick it up for you >>

you might be mistaking the Skymotion cards with the MotionVision cards. there are four MotionVision cards- one from both the first and second series of 96, the same with 97. there is also a jumbo (3.5 by 5) version issued in 1997, but i can't remember its origin.

there are also 2 (allegedly) issued in 1995. the version i have, which shows him throwing and says NFL On Fox on the bottom. the running version should have a similar design
  • Options
    not sure which one it is, brett is running, his name is the bottom of the card along with the "fox". the top front of the card says skymotion. card is reg size. I also found the card you mentioned. It is in beckett under the 1995 skybox impact M1 and M2 both BV$35. It doesn't say anything about the cards and how to obtain them. skybox impact did have NFL on FOX on some of the inserts from that yr. ( i have a ton)
    After looking at my brett again, I believe your right Will, brett is running but the fox logo is a bit different.
    I guess I may have to do some hunting for TWO brett's running
  • Options
    goodriddance189goodriddance189 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭
    Julie, that's it! does it say "Skymotion" on the top left, with rotating "NFL on Fox" and "Skybox Impact" logos on the bottom left?
  • Options
    it has the skymotion on top left, skybox impact, and the fox does rotate. However...I'm still not sure it is the redemption version of the cards. I did find the throwing one on ebay very very cheap. might pick it up. I'm going to search for the running one, if it is different than the one i have I'm going to purchase that one as well. IF I can find TWO of brett running I will get one for you.