Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

More coins get axed...

Anyone who has been reading my postings lately (especially at coin people) will notice that i've been reducing my collection considerably. Well it's come to the crunch, i've just seen an Eadwig penny for sale (they don't come up very often at all! It's the first one i've ever come across for sale), and to make it easier to raise the cash i am now completely selling off my modern milled sixpence set to a dealer, everything from Victoria through to Elizabeth II is going as is the last of the other denominations.

Therefore my entire British coin collection dated 1800 and after will consist of

1806 halfpenny (fair)
1807 penny (fair)
1816 sixpence (UNC)
1825 sixpence (AU)
1826 sixpence (VF)
1834 sixpence (AU)
1864 Gothic Florin (GEF)
1937 Edward VIII Pattern Crown (FDC)

And that's the lot, everything else is going.

But i'm not parting with anything prior to 1800 unless i really have to.

Comments

• Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    It'd be nice to see a pic of your 1937 Edward VIII Pattern Crown (FDC) and 1864 Gothic Florin (GEF)
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    the teddy viii

• Options
    and the gothic...

• Options
    i'll try and get a better one of that gothic up...
  • Options
    That's a nice one. Is it an official pattern from the BRM or a fantasy pattern from a private mint?
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    I would someday like to get a nice 1855 Gothic Florin.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options

<< <i>That's a nice one. Is it an official pattern from the BRM or a fantasy pattern from a private mint? >>

It's an unofficail one from a private mint, but if you ask me it's alot nicer than those Maklouf patterns, it even looks the part cos it's using the old wreath reverse as was used on crowns until 1936.
  • Options
    It's not one of the Donald Golder patterns, right? If it is, I was not aware that he used the wreath reverse.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    to be honest i'm not sure, i just bought itto fill the gap left by Edward VIII.