Home U.S. Coin Forum

DLRC Format

... Internet-Only Auction(s)

What are your thoughts on this?

I actually prefer to bid on most of my coins, which is why I like eBay and Heritage.
J.Kriek
Morgan Dollar Aficionado & Vammer
Current Set: Morgan Hit List 40 VAM Set

Comments

• ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the "Buy Now" option, but if I think there's a chance I can get the coin for less, I'll try to. Thus I prefer auctions.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • TheLiberatorTheLiberator Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭
    I have mixed feeling about this one. I think that have some great coins and I hope they won't be all on auction now. They have so many member sand put out so many email blasts that I fear auction prices might go through the roof ehrn you may have been able to buy them cheaper with their normal inventory method. It's a smart business decision though. Good for them.

• << <i>... may have been able to buy them cheaper with their normal inventory method. >>

Very good point.
    J.Kriek
  • I was looking at a coin at Heritage a month or so ago that was listed in their inventory for $3,000, which I thought was a bit high for the coin in question. It didn't sell. They put it into an Internet-only auction and it ended up going for over $3,500! So I guess buy-it-now would have been better for that coin...
  • Judging by the poll - looks like most of you just prefer the good ol' outright format image
    J.Kriek
  • Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    Buy Now......

When I bid on an auction, I always keep track of the price differences. To much work in my opinion....

Dennis

BTW that 1889-CC they have for auction is ver nice!!!
  • haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    DLRC is too cheap sometimes! (Well on more common stuff they are too expensive and bidding on ebay is much much cheaper.)
  • chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    I've bought and traded with DLRC and have always had an excellent experience. When I saw their email this morning, I checked out the auction test pages. The first thing that struck me was the 15% BP. I know this is probably standard, but I can't afford the BP on better coins. I would rather purchase them outright at a lesser cost, or check eBay for the same certified coins. The drawback is DLRC has a great system for eye appeal and eBay sellers usually have poor photos.

I agree with The Liberator and hope the majority of their coins don't wind up on the auction side or drive up the prices on the buy it now side.

Bob
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • BladeBlade Posts: 1,744
    There are enough auction alternatives. I liked that DLRC offered a broad selection of nice coins for purchase. That probably won't go away, but it looks like some of the nice inventory will now move to auction. That is dissapointing to me. I too get tired of tracking all the coins, playing the sniping game, etc.
    Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Type collector since 1981
    Current focus 1855 date type set

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file