Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

I Just Got Roosevelt Dime Grades!!

Not bad for my first Roosevelt Dime submission. Being that all of these are beautiful mint set toners, I thought I would score at least one STAR, but I did not. To me, these all have great eye appeal, but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I will post pictures when they come back.

Richard.

Line--Date/MM--Den--Grade--My Comments.
001--1958-------10C--MS66--Great mint set toner with nice colors.

002--1958-------10C--MS66--Great mint set toner with nice colors.

003--1958-------10C--MS67--Very pleased. Great mint set toner with nice colors.

004--1957 D---10C--MS65--Wonder what happened here. Still a nice mint set toner.

005--1956 D---10C--MS66--Great mint set toner with nice colors.

006--1956-------10C--MS66--Great mint set toner with nice colors.

007--1959-------10C--MS67--Very pleased. Great mint set toner with nice colors and very deserving of the grade.

Comments

• Richard,

Nice! image

Any chance of seeing some of the color? I picked up a roll of 46-S with some "EOR" Toners but I can't get the pics to show?image

Larry
    Dabigkahuna
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rampage...Those are some very good grades. You are lacking the FB's of course, but overall some very decent grades. It is very difficult to obtain a 67 of some of those Roosies!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭✭
    Larry,

When I get the coins back I will be taking some scans to post on the forum.

Paul,

I knew a few would not make the FT, but the colors were so nice and the coins were practically mark free that I just had to send them in. I did, however, think that a couple would get the FT designation. No biggie. Still very nice coins. image
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    Richard, congrats! Seeing that you expected some to get stars, these were NGC holdered? More than a few would say NGC is just as tough as PCGS these days....what do you think of your grades - think you would have gotten the same grades at PCGS?
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003

<< <i>Richard, congrats! Seeing that you expected some to get stars, these were NGC holdered? More than a few would say NGC is just as tough as PCGS these days....what do you think of your grades - think you would have gotten the same grades at PCGS? >>

Craig,

Yes, these are NGC holdrred coins. I am quite happy with my grades. These were mainly submitted because of the awesome toning on the coins. I expected MS65/66 coins, never expected MS67 coins. I also thought for sure about three or four would have gone FT, but maybe I don't know what NGC looks for on these coins. But, like I said this was my first Rossevelt Dime submission to either of the services.

I feel the coins would generally grade the same (maybe even a couple of FB) at PCGS.
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    Richard, if you think your 59P MS67 has FB (vis-a-via the PCGS Standard), send it in for a cross - a pretty toned 59P in PCGS MS67FB is a very nice coin and worth in the $500-1000 range!

Course, a 58P in MS67 with Full Bands would be one heckof a PCGS cross (currently PCGS and NGC pop0) !!!!!!

Would love to see some pictures! Love them toners.........

Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 22,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

peacockcoins

Craig,
    Super pretty 47D -- second prettiest I've ever seen!!!!!!!!!!image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭
    Bill, How do you know thats a 47D craig is showing.

Nick

Nevermind I see where craig list it below
    Cause I read his URL?????
    Craig,

Those are some lovely coins. I will try to scan the coins when they come back. If the scans don't come out well, then I will send them to one of our board members (who I need to send other coins to) to get imaged. image

Richard.

• Nice colors! image