Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The 1956 Topps white back/gray back wars - what's the real story

Hi Guys, I'm sure that this has been covered before but I am still confused. Can anyone tell me for sure what happened that Topps used two different colored stock for the 1956 Topps cards? Also, give me a breakdown on which ones are harder to get or more valuable? Does the number of the card change weather or not it is rarer in a white or gray back or are the white or gray always more valuable? Lastly, is it GRAY or GREY - LOL. Thanks for your time on this puzzle. Neil

Comments

• Options
    danandkatdanandkat Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Try this Link

Thanks
    Dan
    SF Giants from the 60's & 70's in PSA6-9. dwdominguez@hotmail.com

"Just when they think they got all the answers, I change the questions."
    -- Roddy Piper
  • Options
    NeilDowneyNeilDowney Posts: 840 ✭✭
    Thanks for the link. I am always amazed at the incredible amount of information out there for someone like myself to learn. You guys are so knowledgeable about almost any subject that arises on these boards. I'm proud to be a fellow message board member with people such as the ones that post on these boards. I hope someday I can help other collectors seeking knowledge on a set the way that all of you have helped me over the years. P.S. I intend to someday have my set consist of all white backs for series #1-100 and all gray backs for the rest of the set. I like the white backs better in all cases but I can't afford the extra premium for the rest of the cards over #100. Neil