Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

google on ebay

ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
you would think that the 2 giants would team up since google is so intent to auction its shares...the real question is what do you think the per share price is worth.....lets take bids here to see....I would pay $20 what is your bid?
Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com

Comments

• Options
    Are you saying you would pay a $20 gold piece? (to make it coin related) image

I am not sure an IPO would allow for shares to be auctioned off. I don't know much about the stock market, but I would bet there is some law against that or something.
    I don't think much if any of the stock from in IPO is available for original purchase by just anyone.
    Dave - Durham, NC
  • Options
    jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    how does this relate to coins?

• Options
    Before buying I would read up a little on them.

Google Article
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't pay a penny for it.

They are just an advertising company. They have huge competitors (Microsoft and Yahoo) and there are no barriers to entry. They don't make anything or add value to anything. .
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    ZERO, going to be another I'net bust.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    Google is more than "just an advertising company".
    The sheer hype of this IPO is unreal, how much would I pay for a share? I really don't know, I think it would be out of my league.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll pass, although you could make money short term.

Google.com....one of the BIGGEST targets on Gate's radar screen. You don't want to be there...

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    Shareholders don't get voting power (not sure how they managed to make it that way), so no, I'd prefer not to put my money in a company like that. Even if you only have a tiny stake in the company, at least you know that (ultimately) they have to answer to you. Google does not.
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file