Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Tuomo Ruutu auto Question

Alright, I know nothing about hockey and so I almost feel bad pulling this card. I was talked into buying a pack of 03/04 In the game Used Signature Series. One auto and one jsy per pack. $50/pk. I got a Tuomo Ruutu Auto RC Gold #22/25. I don't see any on ebay yet, current or completed. My question is if the In The Game stuff is a premium brand like SPA/SPx or if it's lesser. Really what I'm after is an idea of what it should sell for image

Any thoughts? I might have it slabbed, I dunno yet. I also got a plain white Sakic Jersey in the pack.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options

an auto #'d/25 seems like a good pull regardless of sport or player

I know nothing about hockey either, from his name in the title of the post I was guessing he was a Sumo Wrestler
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Ruutu to you too. image

Seriously, how well did Ruutu play last year, and how is he as a prospect?

In the Game's epensive brands don't sell as well as other premium brands, but it seems a lot more of their cards are bought by collectors who keep them in personal collections (little secondary market activity).

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I have seen a few different auto's of his going as high as $200, those were #'d / 199. Looks like spx is selling at about $80-150. I am guessing it's a pretty good card, generally auto's #/25 have value, but I wonder is he Carmelo or Ebi? Leftwich or Sam Aiken? From the looks of things he's a pretty good prospect, but again, I know nothing about hockey. If his name isn't Gaborik, Roloson, Giguere or Gretzky, I probably don't know who he is. If it's some awesome card like pulling a spectrum of Lebron, and I don't know it, I'll feel bad and start the bidding low with no reserve. image

Seriously though, I was curious what it might be worth and if the ITG stuff was considered high end or not. It was $50/pk so I figured it must be pretty good. Sure seems like Hockey gives way better pulls than any of the other sports. Seems like I always get something awesome when I buy hockey. image Gretzky auto's, Fuhr patches, Ruutu Auto/25... MAybe I better start collecting hockey too. No wait, I spend enough money already. Fiancee would kill me. image
  • Options
    Pretty good season. Perhaps just not on a good team.
    Yawie, give us your "Barry Melrose" analysis. You had him on your fantasy team!

Games played: 82
    Goals: 23
    Assist: 21
    +/-: -31
    Penalty minutes: 58
    PPG: 10

yahoo fantasy sports

Ben

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    So do you think this is a $250 card or a $25 card?

I will either put it on the bay this weekend and see how it does, or I'll bring it out to the resident hockey collector and offer it to him. Maybe he has another Jordan patch for me. image
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I can't match Barry's hair or those pinstriped jackets, but I nonetheless love Tuomo Ruutu. He can score yet play with grit and passion and seems like he could grow into a team leader kind of role. Of course, that team happens to be Chicago, which hasn't made the playoffs in forever. That doesn't help, but I think Ruutu will still get a good share of hobby love.

I'm not really sure about the ITG stuff. I think they try to position products like these as ultra high end - and some of their past products are quite nice - but over time I think SPA will still be the brand in terms of widest appeal.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Be a Player/In the Game tends to be a bit less popular that UD/SP products. Ruutu is going to be a good player (IMHO, I've been buying what I can of his when it's cheap, while waiting for prices to drop), so I'd say hold onto it.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    Ruutu is the highest rated Black Hawk in many years and they have very high hopes for this guy. Personally I would hold onto it for at least a few more years because the Black Hawks just plain suck. If he was on a better team we'd hear of him mentioned in the same breath as ... cheeeechoooo!!!!
    Jay