Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Look who is buying uncut sheets...

I was watching the below auction because I was curious what a 1971 Topps uncut sheet would go for. Just thought it would be nice to add one to my 1971 Topps collection one day. When I was checking the bid history to see who the bidders were, I was surprised to find our favorite card doctor! Evidently, he just doesn't buy low grade cards and trim them; but, he also buys sheets and cuts them up to get his cards for submission to PRO. Anyways, I just thought it was interesting. At least he didn't win the sheet!

Auction Link

Comments

• Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    syzygy3.14 ?
  • Options
    That is the one. He also has other varying Ebay IDs (JodiMo comes to mind).
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

I've noticed crooks bidding on uncut sheets before.

It's not cutting them up and sending them to PRO that bugs me,
    since PRO graded cards, in many cases, sell for less than the same card in raw form.

The sick part is that they will probably cut them up,
    and send them off to Beckett, who will then slap a high grade on them.

Many collectors are not aware that Beckett seemingly makes no distinction between
    cards recently cut from sheets, and the original cards that were cut at the factory.

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    srs1asrs1a Posts: 398
    I don't think that this buyer is JodiMo....I believe it is the other half of the LI cardboard cosmetic surgery duo.
    Dr S. of the Dead Donkeys MC
  • Options

<< <i>The sick part is that they will probably cut them up, and send them off to Beckett, who will then slap a high grade on them >>

Just one more crime in a litany...I suppose there will be a new "find" of 8-9-10 cards from this year...surely there has to be a better way to make money than to exploit this hobby...
    Henri
    Collector
    Topps 58,59,60,61,62,63,64 Sets
    Fleer 60, 61-62 Sets
  • Options
    ScumbiScumbi Posts: 268
    There are a great number of better ways to make money, indeed:

1. Inheritance
    2. Playing any pro sport
    3. Running a harem of women
    4. Imposing your own personal sales tax on all purchases
    5. Inventing some stupid item that everyone buys at 10 dollars to use in their car
    6. Falling down in supermarkets
    7. The Poker circuit
    8. Managing your wife, Britney Spears
    9. Managing your kids like the MacCaulkins
    10. Any occupation endorsed in an infomercial that takes minutes to learn and a lifetime to collect on.
    11. Set gynecologist on The Gilmore Girls
    12. Having a best buddy take over a Middle Eastern country after bombing it and getting construction contracts
    13. Nepotism Acting careers like Tori Spelling
    14. Being a pet psychic
    15. X-Box game tester
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I like number 4.

I had somebody try that on me in an AOL chat room. I was buying a card from him and he told me $30 plus sales tax. I reminded him that there is no sales tax over state lines and even if there were, I have a tax exempt license. He said ok and raised the price of the card to $32. I told him to stick it.
  • Options
    Gee, I wonder what this same bidder will do with this trimmed 1933 Goudey Ruth he/she just won ... just plain sad.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Have you ever run a search on his buyer bids? It's a veritable potpourri of trimmed and trimable cards, lower grade high dollar cards with a future...
    Linksville
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."