Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

How high will it go??

Check out this nice little '55.

'55

Comments

• Options
    TipemTipem Posts: 881

I'll bet the buyer will be kicking himself in the rear when a few more get graded.Sooner or later that card will probably get another 9 or two.The seller is probably dancing by now.image

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    Upper left looks a little soft to me.
  • Options
    But just think what its really worth if it stays the only 9 ever graded.

Scott
  • Options
    Well, over 18 hours left and it's topped 2grand!!
  • Options
    rw2winrw2win Posts: 557
    When you have that kind of money, it's buying, not collecting. Not a bad thing, just my opinion.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    It will go as hi as it takes Quality or rearreverwhatshisname to get it. I have seen these 2 spend thousands on percieved scaricty. Quality will have the first 100 k 55 set (purchase price) ever. Is he getting value? I hope in his mind he is. As that is all that matters.
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>When you have that kind of money, it's buying, not collecting. Not a bad thing, just my opinion. >>

Acknowledged that its opinion, but I guess I'm not following the logic. Personally, I can see differentiating between buying and collecting if its purchased for resale or investment (buying) versus enjoying and displaying (collecting). But I don't see the differentiation between buying and collecting based on money spent to get something. Some people have lots of money; some people have very little. Those with lots of money tend to SPEND lots of money on more expensive things, like collectibles for example. Why? Because they can afford to. Meanwhile, those with very little money also SPEND -- just not as much, and not on things that are very expensive. Why can they not both be collectors?

Scott