Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Got another one!!!

Only 6 more to go!!!
It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Comments

• MadMarty!!! What the hell are ya gonna do with them things!!! image
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭

• No charge for the First Set!!! image
  • Is he/she doing the wee wee dance?
    Corrupting youth since 2004
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    No it's 1 Tangoroa the Polynesian Fertility God.

• trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    image Strange that it is 1985 and has the Machin instead of the Maklouf bust (85 was when they switched over to the Maklouf bust of QE II).
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • image I like that coin! BTW, it was written something about our FORUM there!?! imageimage
    N. N.
  • Marty! You didnt tell me you finally got your likeness on a coin!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

• << <i>image Strange that it is 1985 and has the Machin instead of the Maklouf bust (85 was when they switched over to the Maklouf bust of QE II). >>

Many of the Commonwealth nations did not make the switch until 1986. Cook Islands, Fiji, and New Zealand all fall into this category. Canada used the Machin portrait all the way up to 1989. Jersey never used the Maklouf bust, but went straight from Machin to Rank-Broadley portrait in 1998, except for some commem. £2 which use the Maklouf.
    I'm not afraid to die
    I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it

Thanks for the info. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)

• << <i>
    Many of the Commonwealth nations did not make the switch until 1986. Cook Islands, Fiji, and New Zealand all fall into this category. Canada used the Machin portrait all the way up to 1989. Jersey never used the Maklouf bust, but went straight from Machin to Rank-Broadley portrait in 1998, except for some commem. £2 which use the Maklouf. >>

Jersey was very sensible, i wish we hadn't bothered with Maklouf's either...

<< <i>Jersey was very sensible, i wish we hadn't bothered with Maklouf's either... >>

It's the Rank-Broadley senior-citizen bust that most have a problem with. To me it does not matter much although I like Machin's the most.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)

• << <i>

<< <i>Jersey was very sensible, i wish we hadn't bothered with Maklouf's either... >>

It's the Rank-Broadley senior-citizen bust that most have a problem with. To me it does not matter much although I like Machin's the most. >>

I don't like that one either... I believe Phillip Nathan did a better one for the 1997 £5 coin.

It's in higher relief.
  • although i would have happily kept the machin one on.