Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Don't waste your time...

To all who may have saw my original post on JC, I am simply reposting this as he continues to visit the boards frequently and still does not reply. So my guess is that he is simply trying to make deals through PM's only as he still is not posting.

For the people who are unaware, he agreed to buy a bunch of cards from me and left me holding them for over a month and did not even have the courtesy to let me know the deal was dead. yThis is not the first time and wont be the last and you will only be wasting your time by dealing with him... FYI

Zack

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Zack. If we all let the other great traders on the board know about the rippers & slackers, they'll soon slither away with the rest of the garbage. Keep up the good work!
    Bob & CJ
    Dad & Son

! ! UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ! !
    ! ! Greatest Country on Earth ! !
    ! ! FREEDOM IS NOT FREE ! !

WANTS:Nicer Cal Ripken Inserts.
    Also want RCs of current Football-Hockey future stars.

Bobstarvet@aol.com

References:We have traded with many traders on this forum.We can provide list on request.
  • Options
    thanks for the heads up!
    Lets Go Ravens
  • Options
    cardnyoucardnyou Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭
    Zack ..... have you ever just stopped and wondered to your self..." Zack, now why would jc be that way"....well the answer might could be something was wrong in his personal life and maybe he didnt feel the need to let you know what it was....or maybe pride had something to do with it...who knows ...... maybe he just didnt wanna break down and say Zack, i just really dont have the money to pay you for them......people are diferent and you need to let this die down...i have traded many times with him...and he is one of the VERY FEW people i would send my stuff just to hold for me ...... he's alot better trader than the traders cu has now days.....so what he left you hanging with some cards ....i have been done like that...i'll bet ya many cu members have been...but being left with a few cards is better than not being left with anything isnt it ?....he didnt rip you..your not out any money or cards ...... your only out a sale ...was it a $4,000 sale ?..if it was..then i might be a little mad...but if it was for a few buks...200-300 buks...big deal...at least ya still got them...and its not like he is the ONLY person in the world that wants the cards ..... ya may actually have to post them again...image GOD FORBID....just let it die......you know he's not a loser or a rip or anything else ...... so Zacker, if ya get ticked off at me about this, then it was nice knowing ya ...but damn well rest assured a friendship isnt based on cards man.

Tha Finger ... Tha Stunner ... Tha Legend.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Well first off Jamie, I think you should get the whole story before poppin' your nose in. You see, you obviously don't know what's going on so may I suggest you either ask "both sides" first before you decide to comment simply stay out of it.

I asked him on numerous occasions in the kindest possible way to let me know if the deal was dead or not. I did express to him the fact that I was losing money after the month had passed because I was paying interest on the purchase of the lot. I asked him as nicely as I F'ing could to give me the respect and courtesy of a simple reply. If he backed out, it was no biggie but a simple statement to that effect was all I wanted. And things can't be so bad that he can't possibly send me an email, but can visit the boards here numerous times during that period.

I never said he was a rip-off. I stated exactly what happened in my post. But if you base being a rip-off on whether one loses cards or money, then you can call him a rip-off if you like because I did lose money on the deal. Big money? No... But does it matter how much? Nope, not to me. You say you would get mad over a high dollar deal, but not a smaller one. That's your way of determining whether it's a big deal or not. That's not the way I do. It's not apples and oranges here. Crap is crap. I still haven't called him a rip-off, but you did by your definition of one.

Finally, I agree about the friendship statement. Friendship isn't based on cards. It's based on honesty, communication and respect. He displayed none of these characteristics to me, so we are not friends either. And if you feel the need to step up to the plate on this one without all of the facts, swing away! You're wrong though so maybe ya outta just keep your arse on the bench image

edited to add... Further, and I may be wrong on this but I'm guessing by your response that he has in some way contacted you by PM's or something concerning this matter. I say this because something rings familiar by your statement. If this is true, then again you should see my point.
  • Options
    Jamie... bud... no offence.. but what Zack stated is all true. This isnt the 1st time JC has done this... look at my post that was dug out from like a year and a half ago. He did the same exact thing... he would come onto CU, do whatever, and ignore a post i had on him, and pms, and emails. And while he was ignoring me... my name was being tossed around.. because it was a 3 way trade. So he didnt send the cards to someone else... and i made the trade with the other person.. and with him... so... i ended up having my name drug thru the mud... so to speak. whether he was having problems or not, he could have had the decency to say "Hey Zack, i am truely sorry, but i cant get the lot from you".. and thats all that Zack wanted... or at least thats how it looks to me.
    Chris
  • Options
    cardnyoucardnyou Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm guessing by your response that he has in some way contacted you by PM's >>

nope ...he dont like me any more cuz i guesss i ticked him off, oh well ...... but i understand what ya sayin about a reply or something...like i said....it coulda been a thousand things that he just simply might have been to embarrassed to say, i dunno...just tryin to calm the situation....but no he hasnt contacted me at all ...... and i dont expect him to either.

Tha Finger ... Tha Stunner ... Tha Legend.
  • Options
    you know, he should have got back with you on this deal and all but its no reason to go out and make a post calling him a loser and dragging his name in the mud like you have been doing. he has been a good friend to me for many years and he dont deserve this treatment.

LOOKING FOR MARINO GAME USED,, , AND AUTO`S
  • Options
    duncangalduncangal Posts: 3,140
    This is all water under the bridge now, can't we all just let this go. I don't want anymore friendships ruined over this because each side has their own opinions....and they have been stated enough....I like everyone involved and it hurts to hear all of this name calling. JC could have handled it better for sure, but this harboring a grudge isn't good behavior either. JC has been a member on this board for over 3 years and has had plenty of good trades. I don't know the circumstances of why he didn't get back with you, but I do know he is under a lot of stress these days with his brother over in Iraq, and him looking out for his brothers family as well as his own. I'm not trying to make excuses for what he did, just trying to say that as you said there are 2 sides and maybe he will feel more like talking and settling this if he isn't badgered and harrassed. This board is so preoccupied these days with mean spirited threads and posts, almost makes me give up coming on here anymore. Feels more like a kindergarten class then a trading board. Zack, I like you, and I know you went through some expense and aggravation over this matter, we all who trade or sell have gone through something like it. Just can't let it eat at you. I hope JC will get in touch with you sometime, as I think that is owed to you, but if not, then that is on his conscience. But for now, enough is enough okay??? imageimage
    I still collect Tim Duncan! Love all high end auto's, and game used basketball of Tony Parker, and Ginobili too! image This means more to me than any card...You can catch me on my site: Highlight Reel Trading
  • Options
    You know I will admit the only thing I should have done differently is the title of this topic. Other than that I have nothing to apologize for. My warning to the boards was warranted in my opinion. People do this crap all of the time and others should be aware of what they are getting into. Problems or not, he hasn't had so many that he hasn't had time to visit the boards. A little respect goes a long way in my book. I made every attempt to keep this simple and friendly. I sent PM's, emails and even tried IM'ing him. This was not of my making. The fact that I considered him kind of a friend is what makes me so frickin' angry about it. I've only treated the guy with respect and this is the crap I get. He may have problems in his life, but who doesn't? As I said, not problems bad enough to keep him from the boards, only problems that apparently kept him from responding from me. I'll drop the whole situation because I feel the point I was hoping to make has been made. If I offended anyone (other than JC) by this, that was not my intent.
    But this kind of behavior that I experienced from him is what keeps these boards from being fun. Aside from that, I have nothing more to say on the matter and I certainly have nothing to say to him...
  • Options
    What you are saying might be true Dgal and Quasar... but... the past repeats itself... like i said he made my name be drag thru the mud... and nothing happened. This isnt the first time it has happened, and probably wont be the last time. Zack was upset with him... and still is... and should JC's name be marked as bad... so to speak... yes. If this was one isolated incident... then one can understand that stuff may be happening... but it isnt. Also... he has been on CU almost every day since this post, he has read what Zack has said.. and all he had to do is simply reply. That is not too much to ask.
  • Options
    There, I also changed some of my wording to make you all a little happier... ugh%@#$$#
  • Options
    UndertakerUndertaker Posts: 5,200 ✭✭
    People, people. You should all read a good book. E.g.:

• Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    I have and felt the ending was lacking.
  • Options
    Yeah, the story seems a bit far fetched buddy.

BTW UT, went and saw Metallica & Godsmack last night. They played most of the old stuff and it was a real blast
  • Options
    old stuff as in pre-Black album?
  • Options
    duncangalduncangal Posts: 3,140
    Zack, did Godsmack play VooDoo? That's song is the bomb! image
    I still collect Tim Duncan! Love all high end auto's, and game used basketball of Tony Parker, and Ginobili too! image This means more to me than any card...You can catch me on my site: Highlight Reel Trading
  • Options
    UndertakerUndertaker Posts: 5,200 ✭✭
    Yeah they're comin to Belgium again this year, together with koRn, but I forgot to fetch tickets and now they're sold out image.

Metallica was great last year though, although I would have loved to see Godsmack, even if I know only 3 of their songs. image
  • Options
    old stuff as in pre-Black album?

Oh yeah. Lots of stuff from Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning, Kill em all image

Zack, did Godsmack play VooDoo?

Why they most certainly did? They did a great job. I do love the song too...

It was on of the most awesome concerts I have seen. I have had 2 chances to see them (Metallica) before and missed out on both because I had surgeries. Finally got to go see my fav band and was not disappointed.
  • Options
    mcdee2mcdee2 Posts: 1,150
    zack...was that the big autographics lot of basketball.. if so do you still have it?
  • Options
    mcdee2 - Hey bud. Nope, that was another crashed deal. That I actually made payment and then the guy said he accidentally sold it multiple times so he returned my money some time later...