Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    i'm about to get in to a war of words with these clowns
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Forum almost 5 minutes ago and haven't gotten any answers yet. D*mn them! >>

Wow, she waited a WHOLE five minutes out of her life!!!!!!!!!! I took the time to get my catalog, look up the set and then respond. Aknot went to Beckett Online for this person and this is the thanks we truly get! Very disappointing, very disappointing.
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I'm thinking she was being sarcastic......at least she usually is in the open forum
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    You're right dbj... if you don't read the open forum much you probably don't know her personality. I'm sure there was no malice behind her post.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wednesday April 28, 2004 12:19 PM question asked.
    Wednesday April 28, 2004 12:35 PM Part of your question answered.
    Wednesday April 28, 2004 12:46 PM rest of your question answered.

Less then 30 min to completely have your question answered.

In attempting to keep it civil I will not mention what I was going to say about the attitude and avatar kind of matching. 30 minutes to have your bench level is pretty good time..Now if it was an urgent matter we may have taken longer.

<< <i>..Now if it was an urgent matter we may have taken longer. >>

This was Aknot's post on the open forum.
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I really don't get the "open forum" anyway. I come here for the sports card discussions (of course)...but the few times I have looked over there, most of the posts are about nothing, and made by people with 300000000 posts. Seems like an odd, strange place.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Darwin's waiting room. Or at least Jerry Springers.

Of course, I overpay for pieces of old cardboard, so I think I'll just hunker back down in my glass house.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    TAKE MY ADVICE. STAY AWAY FROM THE OPEN FORUM!!!!!!

Unless you want to start posts like "I am eating dinner now", or "What do you name your thing", none of us should be lurking in that forum for any reason. It really is like the Twilight Zone in there.

BeachBum and I have our fair share of stories from that insane asylum.

You are right if you said that the forum is a place where people chat with others about 3rd grade topics. The sad thing is that most of them are older people who act like they are about 10 years old when responding to each other. Just check back in there every now and then to look at some of the thread names. That's all you need to do to get an idea.

One from minutes ago read "I have to go shower now". Wow, is that interesting or what?? I guess to each their own.

Some of them are actual extras from the movie DELIVERANCE.

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?