Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone know what this quarter's free submission is?

I put off sending in last quarter's until the very end. I didn't want to wait till the last minute this time.

I received notification a couple of days ago it's done... It's a VAM 6 (TOP 100) - RPM O/O

1 21547037 1884-O S$1 USA MS63PL

I cherrypicked it off of a local bid board 4 years ago for $23. One of those "life's little pleasures" for a variety collector. image

Dan

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it is 1 coin that you can send in of a denomination that is NOT currently being used, such as a 2 cent, 3 cent, $5 gold, etc....

Hope that helps,
    Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    does that include the Sacagawea? image
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭

<< <i>does that include the Sacagawea? >>

Dan
  • Options
    What is the quarterly free submission and how does it work?
    I am a PCGS gold member, if that helps.
    LOOKING FOR PCGS MS 68-SACAGAWEAS AND MS67 SBA'S
    DID I WIN???
    RATS
    I NEVER WIN.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    TWO CENT PIECES!!!!!!! Mine is already in. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    babboonbobo2,

Each quarter, PCGS selects a coin(s) that collectors can submit for FREE (raw or cross). It does require you to be a Gold/Platinum member and you still pay for the Registered Return shipping charge. This quarter's coin is any denomination that isn't currently used - such as 1/2 cent, 2 cent, 2 cent, half dime, 20 cent......I recall that gold wasn't included but not sure about that. So you can print a collectors form online and write in the "other" are that is the Collectors Club Quarterly free submission, send it in with coin and the $$$ for return shipping. Next quarter there will be a different coin.....I recall the 1st quarter coin was "O" mint-marked coins.

Good luck!
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    Colorfulcoins:

Can you still submit previous quarter coins after the end of the quarter?
    Thank You for the explanation.

Bob
    LOOKING FOR PCGS MS 68-SACAGAWEAS AND MS67 SBA'S
    DID I WIN???
    RATS
    I NEVER WIN.
  • Options
    Bob, I believe the coin has to arrive at PCGS by the end of the quarter (June 30) to qualify........even though it may not complete grading till late July. So I believe its way too late to submit an "O" mint coin for 1Q......but you could call PCGS Customer Service to make sure.image
    Craig
  • Options
    Can someone provide a link showing what this quarter's free submission is? I've looked and can't find it anywhere.

Thanks.

Dan
  • Options
    If you don't believe what's been posted here, I would suggest you simply call PCGS Customer Service using their toll free number and ask. They'll answer all of your questions and life will be good.
    Craig
  • Options

<< <i>If you don't believe what's been posted here, I would suggest you simply call PCGS Customer Service using their toll free number and ask. >>

Sorry for the confusion Craig, but it's not a matter of "believing what's been posted". After being told what the coin(s) is, I was curious if PCGS listed quarterly free submissions anywhere.

Dan
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Dan,

They don't actually list it on the site, but they do put it in the eMail newsletter thingy that they send out. You have to sign up for it, though.

BTW, calling customer service might just confuse the issue. They were giving out all kinds of wrong information. For example, they said that $3 gold was not eligible. Carol clarified that it is.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Thanks Russ. I don't believe I've ever signed up. I've debated about it, but enjoy the low volume in my inbox too much to change. image

So I usually get the info here.

Dan