Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Where is everybody?

Too many members are missing ,or do rare hit and runs, and the forum is not the same without them. image

newbie,1jester,JamminJ,satootoko,rhound,shiroh,mongoose,spoon,stork,hetman,severo,lordminivan,and much more.... ??

Where are they?
Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3

Comments

• Options
    <<,lordminivan>> image
    N. N.
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Probably sleeping image
  • Options
    image Maybe this yeti stuff is contagious?
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    I looked under the bed and they weren't There!image
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Looks like I'm the only Minnesota resident checking in.

farthing? avarel?
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    I agree, the forum seems to have changed lately. Or is it because I bought me a car? image

Wybrit, your Victoria sports a nice goatee, btw image
    4 765 of 50 971 (9.35%) complete image

First DAMMIT BOY! 25/9/05 (Finally!)

" XpipedreamR is cool because you can get a bottle of 500 for like a dollar. " - Aspirin

• Options
    I've been around ... sort of

Had to get a new computer - install tons of programs and try to get everything configured like I want it -
    now using XP instead of the old faithful 98SE - really slows me down in getting it configured -
    forgot my password for these forums (among others) -
    Still haven't managed to get the cable working (using dialup!! image )

But in my absence, I've been planning a giveaway image

Stay tuned for more info

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been around here and there... work has been BUSY due to a bit of a baby boom the last few weeks (plus some unexpected travel--to Boston from Japan for a two day conference--yikes!). In any case my online time has been reduced and alot of it has been mortgage related--sigh.

Hopefully I will have a little more time soon!

Cathy

• Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Just trying to catch up with my life after 2 weeks in Beijing. image
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    mongoosemongoose Posts: 589 ✭✭
    Been busy here with life in general. I coach the High School NJROTC Rifle Team and my coin club is getting ready to host the NC Numismatic Assoc Spring show and convention. Those two commitments and the normal routine occupy much of my time. Things will be back to the norm about mid-May. image

I know rhound is on the road for a bit yet, and hetman is well.image
    Joe
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG! a mongoose sighting! imageimage

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    I've been insanely busy.. I'll be moving back stateside soon so I'm cramming in last minute travel where I can too. All that's killed my coin budget until Autumn image

Hey, Dimitri! I'll be in your neck of the woods next month.. maybe I oughta just hand carry that package I still owe you image
    (Yeah, still haven't sent it imageimageimage )
  • Options
    LuvdawgsLuvdawgs Posts: 1,512
    I haven't had much time to buy many darkside coins lately. I hope to remedy this in the future image

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, some missing persons have checked in at least . image

The rest of the yeti members, please sign up here.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    As with many of the others, I've been busy with the usual brand of work and home life. I'm also suffering from a serious shortage in my coin fund. image I bought the Collectors Assistant software package a couple of months ago, and have been spending a little time here and there entering all my coins. It's going to take a while, but it sure does give me a better picture of what I've got and what I want to concentrate on getting.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I looked under the bed and they weren't There! image >>

You apparently didn't look closely enough.

I was there, behind the big dustbunny near the wall. You know, right next to that book you've been lookin' all over for? image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    In case you were wondering where I have been, my friend SYRACUSIAN. I have been on the lightside, I needed some advice on US coins and I have many more US coins than forign coins. I am, however, still very interested in british gold sovereigns. I got my soveriegn slabbed and recently it slipped out of my hands and fell on the hard tile floor, cracking the slab. I recently sent it in along with the hefty fee of $18 to get a new slab for it.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I KNOW he's kidding.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    I'm around ... well, hanging on just barely. I've been working late a lot and the weekends are full of chores while the sun shines ... hmm, maybe it'll rain. image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options

<< <i>Been busy here with life in general. I coach the High School NJROTC Rifle Team and my coin club is getting ready to host the NC Numismatic Assoc Spring show and convention. Those two commitments and the normal routine occupy much of my time. Things will be back to the norm about mid-May. image

I know rhound is on the road for a bit yet, and hetman is well.image >>

Yep I have been in San Diego, working on one of our US Navy ships, past two days have been 12 hours long, not much time for the fun stuff.

Should be back Home Saturday night, and I have been kinda Yeti for the past couple of months for other reasons as well.....

Glenn image
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    I just got back home but find the forum "lacking" too....where are the good ol' days?
  • Options
    Too many hit and run postsimage

Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    I only stop by occasionally these days as this forum has developed the same hostile cliquishness that presides on the US Coin Forum.

-JamminJ
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    It has???? Granted I've missed a lot lately, but when I've dropped in I've not seen any such thing. Maybe it just seems that way to you since so many others have gone yeti lately.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    Been busy with two large bunches of assorted world coins that suddenly came my way. Now they are all sorted through and listed either within my collection or within my tradelist, I hope I will be a more frequent visitor to this forum, and I hope it won't take me long to resume my weekly coins.
    Severo, a Numismatically Disturbed Individual
  • Options
    I've been around kind of hit and miss. busy with work, getting ready for vacation and other daily drivel. Also find the forum to be somewhat lacking in stuff. Maybe it's because jester's challenge is missing and severo's coin posts have been missing. I do pop in, just don't say much.
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    AvarelAvarel Posts: 143 ✭✭
    I said my piece in the poll thread, but I'm still around lurkin'.
    Chirsto duce vincamus

Pro Deo Et Patria
  • Options
    Among other things my just concluded trip had a visit to the new home my daughter bought in Maryland, where the former owner left a ton of stuff behind, including a tin can filled with five pounds of coins - mostly world - which the kid sent home with me to sort and evalutate for her!image

First quick look includes an Indonesian 2000 Rupee silver round, Republic of China, Italy, Germany, English (Geo V & Vi, Eddie, Liz & Vicky), including a couple for The Holey One.image
    Roy

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time for a minor hijack I think, but...

Hello Satootoko! Welcome back!!! Sounds like a great deal of fun to be had--family, kids and coins image I'm in Tokyo today with 2 out of 3...not likely to stop for coins anywhere, but you never know. I do have enough sense of where I am to know that I'm nowhere near World Coins (where the toddler would wreak havok anyway image )

Cathy

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Hi Dimitri! Thanks for doing the roll call. I'm trying to get my internet connection back in a new place, and as soon as I do, I'll be back. I miss the Darkside too.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Nice to hear from you again, Mike!! Come back as soon as possible, man! imageimageimage We are missing you very much! And please, try "to bring" Newbie, I heard that he able to read all our e-mails, but for some reason he doesn't answer! image

And really, Dimitri did a good thing with that call!

N. N.