Funny eBay auction

Looking for...
T206 HOFers in PSA 4
E93 Standard Caramel
EMail Me

My eBay auctions

Comments

• Options
    It is up to $1,500 !! I knew I should have kept my ex-wife's wedding dress. Thought it was her for a second, but she more tatoos on her arms.image
    Collecting vintage material, currently working on 1962 topps football set.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I found my ex-wife's wedding dress in the attic when I moved. She took the $4000 engagement ring but left the dress. >>

<< <i>This dress cost me $1200 that my drunken sot of an ex-father-in-law swore up and down he would pay for but didn’t so I got stuck with the bill. >>

Shockman
    Based on the current bid of $1575, I would say he inadvertently mislead bidders of the value - note the 4000$ refers to the ring and the dress costs 1200$ - I think that is what happened. Now on the sports related side of this post:

<< <i>Of the email I received:

Five or so were invitations to ball games in other states. Two of those were for little league games. Do they have those cushy executive boxes with the free chicken wings at those? >>

The moral to the story: sell some crap on ebay of your ex-wife - make sure you get a lot of pity and the invites to the world series can't be far away!
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Best thread i have read here in a long time!!
    Good for you.
  • Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Amazing! made me split a gut and pee myself! The bid is up to $15K!!! Way to go!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    213 bids and just over $500,000
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    It's 10 million dollars now, from some clown who cancelled his bid on his last auction won.

edited to add that particular clown is no longer high bidder. image
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options

<< <i>And as far as being a loser, I think you have it all wrong. I am such the winner. It isn’t every day an average guy can make 50,000 people laugh. Thanks to each and every one of you from the heart of my bottom. >>

It's now up to almost 100 million! Must be Mark Cuban - he has that much laying around. This guy has a good sense of humor - I read this description and humor notwithstanding, I wonder if he started this thing as a real auction and it got outa hand?
    This has been very entertaining - if you have the time read his notes - they are pretty amusing. The guy is getting all kinds of emails. One person called him a loser and so I posted his response - very good - never been divorced but this is rich stuff!!!
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Too funny! This guy should be a standup comedian image
    Ken's 1934 Goudey Registry Set
    - Slowly (Very Slowly) Working On A 1952 Topps Raw Set (Lower Grade)
  • Options
    dunerduner Posts: 625
    is it really that easy to bid $100 million?? i always thought they made if difficult to go over 15k.
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Options
    Look at the hits, its getting like 500 a second lol. Is that a real counter? I bet his email is full lol. Hope he dosn't have to pay the selling fees lol.
  • Options
    That was an absolute riot!
  • Options

<< <i>Look at the hits, its getting like 500 a second lol. Is that a real counter? >>

Allen
    Can't see why not. Am I reading it correctly? Is that a 1 as the first digit? That would mean over
    1.6 MILLION hits to his sale!!!
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Hit refresh a few times- he is getting about 500 hits every second.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Hilarious! You have to feel for this guy! I am surprised ebay hasn't pulled the auction yet. Wouldn't you love to see his "Account Balance" when the auction closes at 100 Million Dollars. image

That is enough money to fund my Alan Parsons Project, and maybe even get some sharks with friggin laser beams on their heads! I think I wanna get divorced too! Then I'd be RICH! FILTHY RICH! image

Er...wait a minute...

Too funny.
  • Options
    shockmanshockman Posts: 73 ✭✭
    Who cares about paying any fees. It's like hitting a lottery and paying the taxes.
    Looking for...
    T206 HOFers in PSA 4
    E93 Standard Caramel
    EMail Me

My eBay auctions
  • Options
    yeah if you think he is seriously going to get a check in then mail for $99,999,999.99 then the fees are no big deal but I don't quite see that happening.
  • Options

no way that hit counter is correct, I waited a couple minutes and clicked refresh and it jumped almost 30,000 more hits
  • Options

<< <i>Because of the high profile of this item, I am changing the listing to Pre-Approved Bidders Only. To be pre-approved, please contact me at horseplaypublishing@hotmail.com and include "Serious Bidder" in the subject line of the email and I will return your email to pre-approve your bidding on the auction. Thank you for your interest. >>

For those who have been following this thing, this is an interesting turn of events - I thought the whole thing was a joke but as I said in an earlier post - I think he started this thing to seriously sell the dress and then it got out of hand - he has attempted to reel this thing back in and make it serious again - the bidding is now restricted and adjusted at 25,000$. I didn't know something like horseplay existed.
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    Read down tot he bottom of the auction, he says he's been mentioned on two radio shows and the today show. That would be driving the traffic, up to 4.73 million hits as of now. Whoever's paying for the bandwidth on those images can't be too happy right now.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    I think he got drunk and listed it lol. I am sure people have recognized him and told everyone they knew lol.
  • Options

FIVE MILLION HITS

asked to appear on the Today Show? yeah right, any of us are capable of listing something as funny or funnier than this, this isn't anything spectacular, if I had listed this same thing word for word ebay would have just taken it down and everyone would be clicking it seeing invalid item asking what was it what was it, and someone who saw it would say a guy in a wedding dress, and they would say oh that's not funny can't believe I even wasted my time clicking it then
  • Options
    eBay dosn't cancel this buit they cancel my auction of "I helped to exploit Pat tillman's death by buying his cards on eBay litho" Ebay has not canceled this because they are getting a ton of free adverising, they hope all the people that look at that item will stay on ebay to see what all else is on there.
  • Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    I had 5 "spam" e-mails at work today regarding this auction. I think that counter must be true
  • Options
    lol he is getting 2k hits every time i refresh and the bidding is now going downward......it was at 15k 20 minutes ago and is now at 6k...

i think it was his "my drunken sot of an ex father in law statement that started all the hype"

the current hi bidder is a hi roller........last 2 auctions he/she has spent over 10k
    Good for you.
  • Options
    That has to be the most retracts I have ever seen in a auction. WOW
  • Options
    How can someone retract a bid when there is less then 12 hrs remaining? the last hi bidder was able too with 7 minutes left.

hi roller my a##
    Good for you.
  • Options

when they talk about it on Regis & Kelly you know it's big!!!
  • Options

good gracious, it's still getting around 1,000 hits per second
  • Options

<< <i>How can someone retract a bid when there is less then 12 hrs remaining? the last hi bidder was able too with 7 minutes left.

hi roller my a## >>

Last high bid was cancelled not retracted.

Might be seller's other ebay IDs or friends bidding on his auction or seller could not verify if bid is for real. The last 12 hours of auction I think seller can still cancel bids. He probably put on explanation "administrative cancellation".

You can retract a bid within the last 12 hours only if you place the bid and retract it within an hour of placing.

RIP Snow
  • Options

<< <i>***eBay Radio Exclusive: The Wedding Dress Guy***
    Date: 04/28/04 Time: 05:15:11 PM PDT

We interrupt our regular broadcast schedule to bring you an eBay Radio exclusive!

Griff (Jim Griffith), Dean of eBay University, talks with Larry Star, the seller behind one of the most popular and humorous listings ever placed on eBay. Nearly six million people have viewed the listing, and Larry has since appeared on CNBC, The Today Show and MSNBC.

Visit www.wsradio.com/ebaybreakingnews to listen to the interview and learn about the funny guy behind the dress, and his sudden rise to national attention.

Regards,
    eBay >>

I'll take the cards & flowers when I'm living and the BS when I'm dead!

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA