Yet another TPS...AGS ??

Comments

• Options
    Never heard, or seen, them before.

is this on auction or ?

Wouldn't mind having the Morgan inside. image
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    They are in the book (p 102), but with a different holder variety and at the time they were located in New York. (At least I believe it to be the same company.) The pictured slab variety was brought to my attention about five or six months ago and I do have one. This holder also exists with the lower half of the insert around the coin being black in color.

These are a very interesting slab. The slab is made up of three parts. A front and back shell and a plastic center insert. The center insert seems to be one piece with the bottom two thirds either clear or black, and the top third is a frosted, translucent and has the AGS logo printed on it on both sides. The coin information, and the company information on the back, appear to be printed on the INSIDE of the outer shells and NOT on the center insert itself. This gives the slab an interesting appearance because the text is "floating in space" rather than printed "on" something.
  • Options
    conder: Know anything about their grading standards?
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    islemanguislemangu Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭
    Thats a dicey one with non-Gems commonimage
    YCCTidewater.com
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    Sorry, that is something I don't concern myself with. The only grading standards that are of any concern to me are my own. If you want to know if the coin is accurately graded then look at it and grade it yourself. If it doesn't meet your standards for the price asked then pass.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file