Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Tri-Star Show In Kansas City May 14, 15, 16. Anyone gonna be there?

I'll be set up with a table. Two friends and I are splitting 4 tables down there.

I thought it would be fun/interesting to maybe meet a few people, possibly do some trading. This thread is on the buy/sell/trade board for the National Show, so I added one here for the KC show.

Has anyone been to the Tri Star show in KC before? How was it?

Comments

• Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    The KC show is really hit or miss. I have been at some that were great great shows and others that were duds. I have made great deals over the years buying and selling items there, so in that regard it is usually a good show plus it gets some larger dealers from out of town there.

I am bringing a 1932 Abdullah Bobby Jones for PSA walkthrough service likely on Saturday. Tell me where your booth is I will stop by and say hello.

Dave
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I don't actually know where my booth is yet to be honest. image I'll have a big cherry display case filled with PSA/BGS graded modern stuff laying on the table and a smaller cherry case next to it. I know, that doesn't help much. My name is Josh Thompson and I'll be with Chris Sevlie and Ryan. I have a cute little blond fiancee that will be sitting with me too. image

Maybe I'll post a pic of me so you know who to look for. Otherwise, once i find out where my table is I'll post it here.

I didn't know PSA was going to be there? I knew Beckett was there doing on-site.
  • Options
    Well a few months ago they were on this list for the Tri star show in KC, but now it appears they are not image

Guess I will just have to send it in, I will still try to look you up at the show.
  • Options
    "I have a cute little blond fiancee that will be sitting with me too.

Maybe I'll post a pic of me so you know who to look for.

Uhh, I could do without the picture of you.
  • Options
    Ouch.

But you do have a point. image
  • Options
    I may try to get down to the show. Actually have done a couple of them before (2000 and 2002). They're not too bad but you don't get too many of the national dealers. Still a fun show to go to since the ones here (Omaha) suck.

Adam
  • Options
    I was considering setting up, but dealers who have done the show in the past advised against it from a selling standpoint. Chicago cost me $1000 in overhead and KC would be about the same for a lesser market. Good luck at the show and let us know how it goes, Jason
    Baseball Card Heaven, the closest card shop to the Las Vegas Strip.

Our current ebay auctions, and of course BaseBallCardHeaven.com
  • Options
    Thanks Kall...

The three of us splitting the tables made it a bit more affordable. It will end up costing me about $500 for a table & a half. I have a lot of higher end modern stuff that doesn't sell all that well at the local shows I set up at. I usually do 1-2 cards / weekend that are $75+. I do most of my business on ungraded singles, and new product that I recently ripped.

I am hoping that I can move a lot of my higher end stuff, especially the graded stuff, that weekend. I am also looking forward to getting my full size helmets signed by Montana, Rice and Aikman. Spendy, but for me it's worth it.

I haven't ever been to a huge show, unless you count Twins Fest but that isn't the same really. Almost everyone is there for the autographs, not the card show, even though its 200 tables.

I am also looking forward to shopping! I hear there are some pretty good deals down there, especially on wax.

I am excited to go, I hope it doesn't suck... image
  • Options
    One last chance, I will be there next Saturday, any other members in attendence????
  • Options
    I'll have my table there, but we haven't been told where it is yet. I guess we'll find out when we get there.