Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New $50

ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭
THIS is probably OT, but since we are all interested in money...
Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!

Comments

• Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    Cool. I like it
  • Options
    Will this bill be known as the Grant with Star? image

Not sure that I care for the stripes to the right of the portrait.

Ken
  • Options
    Too bad U.S. coins can't look as cool as the new treasury notes.
  • Options
    dorancoinsdorancoins Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭
    I have to say this - the new Series 2004 $50 has a patriotic theme to it on the obverse - if this is what kind of work that the BEP (Bureau of Engraving & Printing) can pull off, I can only imagine what the Series 2004 (or most likely, Series 2005) $100 will look like. I do know that on it the large number on the reverse (like the $20 & $50) will be included on it!imageimageimage
    DORAN COINS - On Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), & www.dorancoins.net - UPCOMING SHOWS (tentative dates)- 10/8/2023 - Fairfield, IL, 11/5/2023 - Urbana, IL., 12/3/2023 - Mattoon, IL.
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭

• Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭
    I like the front, with its patriotic theme. Could do without Grant, tho' -- perhaps someone more worthy could be used (John Adams, for example).

The back has a nice picture, but too much white, er pink, space. The frame needs to go more towards the edges.
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Too bad U.S. coins can't look as cool as the new treasury notes. >>

I was thinking the same thing.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    I do wish that they would make the notes of different sizes like other countries. My Mother, who is blind and lives by herself is contantly shortchanged (deliberately I might add) by many lowlifes out in the real world.

Had to get that rant off my chest

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's nice to finally see some color added to U.S. Currency to liven it up a bit.

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Looks better than the $20
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    They should have released it tomorrow.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    "Could do without Grant, tho' -- perhaps someone more worthy could be used (John Adams, for example)."

John Adams would be a worthy choice (he's never gotten the pub he should), but I LOVE the grizzled look of Grant. He looks like a mountain man.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file