Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Ok, now the big question, concerning coins: Are we having fun (yet)???

Are you having fun (yet)?, considering all the time, money, etc??????
Give us your thoughts. image "Has it been good for you"? image

Comments

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a hoot.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    "hoot", Hmmm, may be short for Hootinanny, I agree! image
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    It's GRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!
    Dan
  • Options
    I am having an absolutely great time with my coins and currency. One of the best hobbies I have ever gotten involved in. image
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    I am having fun,but it is getting harder to find the funds.The prices realized are starting to take their toll.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Yes, having fun.
  • Options
    GandyjaiGandyjai Posts: 1,380 ✭✭
    With eBay and coins....I'm like a kid in a candy store....not knowng which way to turn!image
    Fun?!.....More like in a state of ecstasy!!
    It's sooooo hard to stay focused on any one area.....It's driving me crazy!image

Gandyjaiimage
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh ya, its the best...just glad to be here!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Like I told my wife yesterday (when she asked the foolish question of when I would have enough coins)

----> So many coins, so little money.... to which she asked 'what does that mean?!?!?'

Basically, as long as it's fun, I will never have enough coins!!!!!

So yes, it's still an incredible blast collecting!!!!!
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been fun for me since I was 6 years old. I can get as much enjoyment out of $25 coin as one that costs $1000.

If it ever stops being fun, it'll be time to sell.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    CurrinCurrin Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's Great... but I wish I had more funds..... You guys are hard to keep up with and a few like DAM & HD are long gone.. Hope one day to have pictures like cosmicdebris, it's the greatest. We are lucky that we got in on the ground floor. Can you imagine 10 years from now the investment a newcomer will have to make to reach the top twenty-five on any set? I think that we are experiencing a very fun time in the registry.. Let's enjoy it!

PS.. Mitch, let me have the coin for $550, I need it!image
    My 20th Century Type Set, With Type Variations---started : 9/22/1997 ---- completed : 1/7/2004

My 20th Century Gold Major Design Type Set ---started : 11/17/1997 ---- completed : 1/21/2004
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    I would like to say that this is the most fun in Numismatics, since the slab was invented. I look at the boards and I see a great group of people with a true passion for the hobby. We will always need more money ( literally ) and that's the fun part. So give me more!!!!!!!!!imageimage