Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I'm about to make an intelligent decision...

I'm going to use a small windfall to pay off all of my debts, as opposed to clicking on Heritage.

Why do I feel empty and sad?

We ARE watching you.

Comments

• Options
    I bet it was a TOUGH decision. image

but way to go. image
  • Options
    You won't feel empty and sad in a few months when you can click on Heritage with $0 debt.

Nice move! image
    You shout in your sleep.
    Perhaps the price is just too steep.
    Is your conscience at rest if once put to the test?
    You awake with a start to just the beating of your heart.
    Just one man beneath the sky,
    Just two ears, just two eyes.
  • Options
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like the right move to me.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    Trust me. I made the opposite decision and I feel empty and sad when I look in my wallet...
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Just think of all the coins you can buy with the interest you won't be paying
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John: It's always a good idea to pay off debt first, and then purchase coins with debt-free financing image

I'm also in the process of focusing my collection by selling off duplicate coins for profit while the market is hot. I will still have the scarcer and higher grade core coins in my collection from which I derive most of my pleasure.

For me from now on it will be quality over quantity. I've still got hundreds of coins to monetize, and I'm enjoying working with my established dealer contacts in a new facet of the business expanding our relationship as I learn how to sell coins to them. image

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John,

Your decision is a no-brainer. Kudos.

Robert
  • Options
    Good choice. Don't feel sad, most Americans are in debt. You'll feel great knowing you don't have any and have a sense of accomplishment. I'm almost through paying off student loans and can't wait to get that over with. Luckily, that's the only debt I have.
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do I feel empty and sad?

Because Heritage didn't have anything that you need that you won't be able to find somewhere else later. If they had "the right coin", I'd hope that you would "click on Heritage" instead of paying off debt.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    Because Heritage didn't have anything that you need that you won't be able to find somewhere else later. If they had "the right coin",

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    Hey Stuart if you want to get rid of that toned proof Morgan you're so proud of, let me know (*wink wink*).
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file