Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Morgan semi-key question

After going to several recent shows in the Texas area over the past year I have noticed that semi-key Morgans are not only scarce but just don't exist.

Am I just not going to shows big enough or are these coins really that hard to find?

I almost bought a couple semi-keys that I already had thinking that they would be a good short term investment. Not only could I not find them in certified condition, they weren't there at all!!

Loan Shark

Comments

• Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Texas, try Heritage.
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    We are in an up cycle and some of the big shots are stockpiling them and keeping them off the market. Some of the better dates that have reasonable prices considering their scarcity are just very tough to find. Three Philadelphia issues come to mind, the 1891, 1892, and 1904. It took me a very long time to find those three in nice MS64.

If you let me know what dates you are thinking of, I can be more specific and can also check my sources and see if any are available.
  • Options
    ttt One more time
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well many of your better semi-keys like the 79-cc 93-cc 95-s 1903-s even the 04-s in nice certified AU are indeed scarce; in fact very scarce. If you can find them they seem to be priced very firm, but they do sell.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file