Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Just got the checklist for UD Exquisite, Wow!

It arrived today, I'm allowed to order 1 case. There is the little promotional flyer with a few pictures of cards as well as the entire checklist. All rookies are Autographed patches with Tier 1 numbered to 99 and Tier 2 numbered to 225 (also 3 parallels; 1 #'d to Jersey number, 1 numbered to 25, and a 1/1 of each). Each pack has both a Rookie AUTO Patch as well as a veteran AUTO Patch, none numered past 100. Yes, there are a few slouch patches like Gilbert Arenas, Jermaine O'Neal, Rip Hamilton, and Andrei Kirlenko, but tons of superstars on the flipside. There are also 3 dual 1/1 Logoman Patches of Jordan/LeBron, Jordan/Kobe, and LeBron/Kobe. I don't know how many people can afford it or how much value you'll actually get out of it, but from the pic's these look like the nicest cards ever made. (Still don't think I'll be opening any though).

I'll try to get some scans up if I find the time, Jason
Baseball Card Heaven, the closest card shop to the Las Vegas Strip.

Our current ebay auctions, and of course BaseBallCardHeaven.com

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    numbered to 100??? That is a joke, there are products out now that cost less than
    100.00 a packs that get you cards numbered to 100 or less. Are the autos are stickers
    or on the card? Please post a scan when you have it and thanks for the info....so what
    crap product do you have to buy to get this product?

Kevin
  • Options
    i wasn't impressed w/the checklist- rookies like zarko cabarkapa, zoran plaininic, etc? for $500/pack, they should eliminate the no name rookies/"stars" no one in their right mind wants to pull.

what amused me most was when my card shop owner showed me the cost of a case- $955 HAHA this is yet another product where the shops get $$$$$$$$ for sleeping w/upper deck and the customers get the short end of Upper Deck's...stick
  • Options
    ive got some of the scans if you cant post them...just gotta transfer them from a post on TR I made..LMK if you need them posted

james
  • Options
    another product where the shops get $$$$$$$$ for sleeping w/upper deck

They're the best F@#& I've ever had!

• Options
    that Lebron is false advertisment, he doesn't sign like that, you will get a card with a blob of ink
    on it...why do that? Totally misleading. Its funny the four cards they show, only 2 of them would you
    get your money back on. Would you even get a grand for that Lebron #ed to 25? No Lebron in the
    playoffs means probably not!

JS
  • Options
    you would make your money back on any of those that are posted....the lebron auto'd/patch would fetch at lease $500..the kobe at least $500..the mj/lebron at least $500 the KG 1/1 auto/patch..at least $500...i posted some scans on the trade board...all are there except the KG and I have a base card pick and a sweet melo on there also

$500 for exquisite is basically the same as ultimate collection (both are crap in my opinion but thats just me) you get 4 pulls in ultimate and 4 in equisite..just with exquisite its basically Box only as compared to ultimate its box or pack by pack
  • Options
    Its funny the four cards they show, only 2 of them would you

My guesses, LeBron $1200, Kobe $400, Jordan/LeBron $6000, Garnett $1200

• Options
    I thought this stuff was a grand a box? my bad, still at 500 you have to pull the upper tier to
    get that back. Is Andre Miller on the list? LOL

JS
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    At $955 wholesale a case, how many boxes (packs, whatever!) are you getting? If its 4, then this is a nice money maker for the dealer. Just don't open it!
  • Options
    I do believe the $1000 wholesale case is 3 of these..but im not sure if anyone can even get a case of these..from what ive head not many shops will get these and those who dont get an automatic box will have to try to get in on a raffle...but not sure..UD could just overproduce this at last minute and ruin it like everything else
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Jason-

Joe brings up an interesting question; what other product do you have to buy to get this one?? Just curious. That aspect of the business has always intrigued me, but I don't know anything about it.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I spoke with a local wholesaler while trying to weasel a case (3 boxes by the way) for myself. His wholesale price was $385 each. So a little more than $955, at least here. They are supposed to sell at $500/box. They come in some nice oak case, similar, but much nicer, than PrimeCuts BB. I would rather pay $400 and get it in a wrapper. image Though the box is a nice touch, I bet it adds more than we'd like to admit to the price.

At any rate, from the sounds of it, and this is 2nd hand so take it for what it's worth. The line I was given was that the "Upper tier dealers would get a small allotment of this product, it seems the ones who purchased the garbage (ie. reflections, ud etc and a ton of the other high end product, sp sig, Ult Coll etc, are getting the cases. The local wholesaler told me he was getting no more than 3 cases and would probably only receive 2. So if that is any indication this should be a very limited product. But again, is a 1/1 Andre Miller auto'd patch worth 5 bills? I don't care how limited it is or how much it cost, if it's a scrub it's a scrub.

I watched a guy open a tin of SP GU patch baseball at the show on Saturday... he pulled a Paul O'Neill auto'd patch #/50. WHAT THE HELL! Is that worth $200? He put it in his case at $40 and nobody even looked at it. I bet he'll be happy to get 9.99 for it.

I think we'll all complain about the price of this stuff, but personally, I am a bit of a masochist I think. I certainly am a glutton for punishment with this stuff so just because I have no self control, I'll splurge and buy one box of this stuff. I'll post my results. Hopefully it will be something decent I can take to Tri-Star in KC and trade. image
  • Options
    If this stuff sucks so bad, why do people continue to buy it?
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    No one is buying it yet, because it's not out until June, but people are talking about buying it for the same reason people buy lottery tickets. At this level, this is not really about card collecting. Also, were it not for the prescence of Lebron and Carmelo, would this product have any juice at all?
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    It will sell, no question. But like CTSoxFan said, without LeBron & Melo would it have any legs at all? I think the answer is a resounding "NO WAY!"

Amazing what a couple of kids did for basketball this year. Fanbase, souvenirs, licensed apparel and card companies alike. At least the other companies got Melo to sign and some of his memorabilia or I don't think anyone would have sold any product but Upper Deck.

I would be interested to know how much basketaball sales were up this year, cards that is. I know I almost never bought basketball product, even when I did, it was only UD. This year, I bet I ripped 50 boxes of basketball, I even had some good luck.
  • Options
    what other product do you have to buy to get this one?

I'm in the middle level of Upper Deck ordering, with a $20,000-$40,000 yearly spending range. So my current allotment is 3 cases of base product and 2 cases of premium product (however since everyone ordered Ultimate Collection and now Exquisite basketball I only get one case of each of those). I had to beg and plead to get to this tier within four months of opening my account (since I was on pace to spend about $30,000 for the year anyways). What cases have I ordered so far?

SPx basketball
    SP Legendary Cuts baseball
    Ultimate Collection baseball
    2 Sweet Spot Classic baseball
    UD Vintage baseball (probably my only mistake order so far, although I've moved most of it)
    UD Glass basketball
    2 Rookie Exclusives basketball (many people laugh at this product, but it was a great cardstore product that was inexpensive and produced solid pulls)
    2 LeBron Phenomenal Beginnings sets (easiest money product yet)
    2 SP Signature basketball
    2 SP Game Patch baseball
    2 SP Authentic basketball
    Triple Dimensions basketball (might be my second mistake, but it's moving and I'll probably sell out in the next two months)
    Ultimate Collection basketball

So as you can see I haven't been forced to order any bad products to guarantee cases. In the next few months I should be bumped up to the $40,000+ level (I think it's called a Hall of Fame account). I just became direct with Topps and Donruss/Playoff in the last two months and have ordered a few products from each (hitting Topps products harder than Upper Deck right now). The savings vs. wholesale isn't nearly as good as I would've thought or hoped coming into this business, so I just order the better products by the case/s and pick up three boxes at a time of the products that I'm iffy on (have to pay about 15% more per box this way, but at least I don't get stuck with 12 boxes if they don't move).
    Jason

• Options
    I like Triple Dimensions and I think it is a great buy for around $700.00 a case.
    Is is a high-end product?? No.
    But I would rather rip 14 boxes instead of one box of Ultimate.
    You still have a shot at some nice autos at a fraction of the price.
    People need to buy smart instead of buying with the emotional part of their brain!