Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I just bought 12 1928 Peace Dollars

rlawsharlawsha Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭
I just bought 12 1928 Peace Dollars......... And that's all I know. I saw a lot on Murphy Auctions LINK that listed the 12 1928 Peace dollars. I ended up getting them for $322. I may have bought $322 worth of junk but sometimes you win. The description and pictures are very vague but I have bid several times before on Murphy auctions and they seem to be on the up and up. Usually the best auctions to bid on contain only a few lots of coins. When they have auctions containing hundreds of lots of coins, the big gun bidders come out and I don't even bid. I may have junk but at $26 a coin, I'll take a chance. They could be 1928-S, 1928-P, they just don't say. From the small picture they looked toned and worn but you can't really tell for sure.

Comments

• Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Good luck. I hope you score big time.
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭✭
    I could not find a link to the auction, but maybe I just missed it.

Sometimes I take chances like that. Sometimes you have to if you wanna win.

So, good luck on your purchase. You will have better luck scoring big time with this lot than winning a mediocre jackpot in Vegas. image Plus, you get to keep this stuff.
  • Options
    TheNumishTheNumish Posts: 1,628 ✭✭
    I really hope they are all 1928 but I would bet they are all dated 1923.
  • Options
    They could be 1923's. I have been fooled more than once into thinking a 23 was a 28. Not on coins I bought but on coins I held in my hand and looked at with out a magnifying lens of some sort. If they are 23's I wonder if the auction house would take them back because of misidentifying them?
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Well, at least you know you got 12 dollars.......................that is if they are real.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Nice to hear.... fill us in when you get them.....

look for lot 728.... it's there... but you can't really see anything...
  • Options
    Hey, if there's a toned MS example in the group -- SHOTGUN!

No really, if there is, I am really interested in talking to you, if it is a 28-P.

By the way, I also need a raw one AU55-MS60 for a raw set I'm doing as well.

That is of course if you are going to sell any of them!

Michael
  • Options
    au58au58 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭
    Novices or non-collectors often confuse 1923 Peace dollars for 1928.
  • Options
    The Peace dollars came in the mail today and here is what I got:

1928-S Qty: 9
    1923-S Qty: 2
    1923-D Qty: 1

They all would grade AU I think. Might be able to squeze an MS-60 out of some but I am rotten at grading Peace dollars. Not much toning, most are mostly white but no whizzing or cleaning it appears.
  • Options
    sTONERsTONER Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭
    sorry to hear that they werent 28Pimage
    toner loner
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    sorry to hear buddy, but all of us have been scammed once or twice here...just most wont admit it.

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file