Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Kudos to foodude (Greg)

I'm late with this post but I wanted to publicly thank Greg for his donations to my coin club. I met him at the South Shore CC show in Milwaukee, bought a bunch of '76 proof sets from him (nice price!!) and he gave me some proofs in 2x2s for the YN's in my club. I bought the proof sets for our July meeting. I plan to give each YN in attendance one of the sets - bicentennial coins for the 4th of July, etc., etc.

It was nice meeting Greg and I hope to see him (and many of you) at the Central States show in May.

Thanks again Greg!!

Mike
Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!

Comments

• Options
    ttt - just this once!

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭
    Hi Mike,

I hope the kids like the coins. As I mentioned, I was in a coin club
    when I was a kid, and it had a big influence on me. It is one of the key reasons I am still actively involved in coin collecting (and still having fun with it) 30+ years later.

Hope to see you at Central States.

Greg

Relayer: I edited the message to say "coin club".image
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

<< <i>I was in a coin when I was a kid, >>

Which coin where you in?

And more importantly, how did you get out?

My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    Supporting YN's is definitely cool in my book.

Thanks foodude.

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    I also met Greg at the MWKEE show...solid guy with a nice selection of coins to offer.
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    you gonna have some pretty Franklins at the ANA right ?
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>you gonna have some pretty Franklins at the ANA right ? >>

7 year old thread?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>you gonna have some pretty Franklins at the ANA right ? >>

7 year old thread? >>

Bizzare???
  • Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Greg is still a great guy, but yes, weird to see such an old thread.
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image to see this 7 year old thread bumped back to life.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    I don't know - r u fellers implying Foodude is no longer a great guy ??

Is he not going to be at the ANA next week ???

Why should the date on a post have any relevance to anyone getting their panties all in a bunch ????

You ever watch a re-run of a TV show thats 40 or 50 years old ?

You ever go back and read a book that you read when you were 20 ?

You ever remissness about your childhood ?

Whats the freakin' malfunction of massive distress and psychosis when a thread is bumped from the past ?
  • Options
    Why not start a new thread if you want to sing someone's praises? When you bump something from the past half the story no longer has any relevance since 7 years has past so we get caught up in the story only to find it happened 7 years ago. Greg was and is a great guy...how about you tell us why you were searching through old threads to tell us how great Greg is instead of just starting your own???
  • Options
    o.k ,

I will spill the beans - I got an open mind ; maybe it is a terrible thing to resurrect an old thread image

So I'm looking to contact Foodude , because I'm going to swing a major Franklin deal @ the ANA next week here in Chicago .

I see that I have no p.m history with him and do not have the ability to p.m him without trying to find a post of his with his p.m icon thingy .

I can't use the advanced search function because the primitive PCGS forum program can't handle my ne w Firefox upgrade ;

so at the top of the U.S Coin Forum page , I type in " FOODUDE" and presto - i get links to four threads with Gregs posts in them !

So i p.m. him from the one I bumped , knowing full well it was from 2004 , but figuring he's still a great guy and a pat on the back is deserved .

So there you have it - i spilled my guts and you now know my motives and my reasoning .......feel better ?

I hope so , because it's a pathetically pitiful petty thing to come unglued because you post to an ancient thread before realizing it's not current and then

end up looking/feeling like a fool .

May I suggest next time you see a very old thread from the past - you just ignore it and move on ;

least you streak from your front door in a blanket of sweat , screaming at the top of your lungs that it's " THE END OF THE WORLD"
  • Options
    DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭
    LucyBop's avatar winks atcha if you look at it long enough.

"Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file