Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Rookie Jordan Reprint

Im going to see a collection this week for possible purchase. Some Ebay auctions I have seen carry a Jordan Rookie "reprint". How is this identified as the person I am going to see has a rookie Jordan.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake Jordan Article:
    Hi Jim,
    Have a really good loop or mag with you and look for some of the tell-tale indicators from the article.
    In general, unless highly sophisticated, IMO, any solid black print line, if copied, will turn to print DOTS.
    PM me if you get a chance.
    Mike
    BTW - SCD Counterfeit detector and Beckett on-line are another good source of info on this.
    Mike
  • Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    Thanks.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Another tell tale sign is if you can get a real jordan to compare it to the Bulls logo on the back is usually larger on the fake than on the real one. Also, when I say a "real Jordan" I mean get one that is graded, even if poorly, but get it by a respectable grading company. BGS/PSA/SGC/GAI.

Also, the edges of the Fleer banner where it says "Premier" should be a very dark orange, I have seen a couple that are really good that were fakes that were very dark orange, but these actually said "reprint" on the back. The "counterfits" are always more washed out in color and are usually a darker red on the back as well than the original which is more pink.

Hope that helps.

Now if anyone knows how to tell a fake/real OPC Gretzky rookie, that would be useful to me. image