Comments

• Options
    Tough crowd...
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Lookin good! Give that SAE a few more years and it could be a real looker.
  • Options
    The toning on the ASE came from a proof set it was stuffed inside... one of the Purple ones... I wanna say it was stuffed in a '92 Proof Set... anyways, it has nice purple on the reverse...
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    Good luck, that's a hard set to finish. I'm still working on mine for the past two years. Add the Gold Type page and then you'll really be having fun!

Michael
  • Options
    I just need to get a digital camera to post pictures of my type set...
    ~Richard Dorrance
  • Options
    Awesome startimage
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Types are fun. And when you display them, a high grade type set like you've started there will hold your friends' attention a lot easier than a date set of a single series.
    The strangest things seem suddenly routine.
  • Options
    Actually, for most of the classic coins, except ones that I just hate circulated (like Mercs...), I am going for a nice VF/XF with good color... you can kinda see my morgan through one of the wholes, but that's gonna get replaced... it's one of those ones that I like with nice grey in circulated condition... image I think in a couple years, when I'm out of college, I'll get around the completing it... the Draped Bust coins are just too expensive for me now... and maybe at that point, I'll add the gold page too... image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    JrG-
    I'm doing the exact same thing! vf-xf for the earlies. My drapes are F.
    USPI minimalist design collage
    designset
    Treasury Seals Type Set
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice start, George! image This is really a fun set to build, take your time and enjoy!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    George: Where's the photo of your new 1/10 ozt Gold Eagle ?? I haven't even seen a single photo of it yet image

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    Hmm... it's some where... lemme see if I can dig it out...

Edited to add: Ah, here it is... image And you can find the thread labeled as "My first gold" and now that I have my camera, I need to take a better picture of it! image

-George
    42/92

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file