Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Do you want to know what I found inside my 1965 unopened SMS's? I OPENED THEM !!

Well, didn't find what I was hoping to find.Just a few light cameo coins ( halves and dimes ).

Russ: There are a couple slight cameo Kennedy halves, one that does stand out from the others.I haven't cut it out yet,but it looks real nice.

I also opened a couple of the 1960 proofs sets and found three nice FBL Franklins and Cameo dimes.

If you remember a week or so ago I opened the 1964 proof sets that I had and found seven Accented Hair Kennedy halves and a deep cam dime.I sent them in for grading.Can't wait to see the grades,first submission so it's a little exciting.

Question for the pros...Is there anything other than cameo coins to be on the look out for if I were to open the 1961 and 1962 Proof sets? When I opened the 1964's , I was really looking for the AH Kennedys,the DCam was a bonus. I need another good reason other than Cameo coins before I start cutting them open. You know, like any error or early die variety or do you think the cams are a good enough reason?

Thanks,
Randy

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file