Options

OT-Sure could use some help...

...Stocking in all these new cars while you guys chat about coins.image
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll come and pick one up, then you'll have one less to stock. What time should I be there?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Free cars... ??!! imageimage
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    You'd be surprised at the discount if a customer blinds me with the Dark from a worthwhile coin.image

But that's OK, I hunkered down and put forth a massive surge of energy and completed the job in jig time-just like Ajaan or Aethelred might have.image
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> I hunkered down and put forth a massive surge of energy and completed the job in jig time-just like Ajaan or Aethelred might have >>

Don't include me in there. I've been off for almost two weeks and still haven't finished my grading from three weeks ago. As for Aethelred, he 'works' in a coin shop. Massive energy, ya right. (insert sarcasm emotion here).

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Well, old sod, there was a bit of gentle sarcasm there. How much energy can it take to talk to a class or push coins? Oh I know, it's not easy, there's stress and backtalk.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭
    Jig time! Hey, watch it. Clankeye and I are the only jig-timers around here (that I know of anyway).

Please don't denigrate us like that again!! image
  • Options
    Please don't denigrate us like that again!!

image sorry, how dare I?

Of course, I'm not sure what else jig might mean. "Jig time", to dance a jig, a fast dance, to do it quickly. What am I missing?
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭

<< <i>....to dance a jig..... >>

Reminds me of a heated debate years ago as to why competitive pipers were required to "march" before the judge whilst playing a 2/4 March tune. The obvious retort was, "Have you ever seen a piper dance a jig whilst piping a jig?" We'll of course not! image
  • Options
    Now, just imagine these were used cars image

I'm in the process of acquiring one right now. I never imagined how costly and time-consuming the process is. I admire the patience my boss possesses imageimage
    4 765 of 50 971 (9.35%) complete image

First DAMMIT BOY! 25/9/05 (Finally!)

" XpipedreamR is cool because you can get a bottle of 500 for like a dollar. " - Aspirin

• Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hunkered down and put forth a massive surge of energy

Just like that great Gallic hero, Asterix!
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    The problem with Asterix is that he's a drug addict. He can't get anything done without some of that juice from the druid.
  • Options
    Sumnom, please... potion, it's called a potion.

As long as the human race mixed it's potions, we were alright; just look at the mythology surrounding magic elixirs.

But when we started "taking drugs", and drugs were given a negative connotation, why it's been downhill since then.

I've long puzzled as to why we've evolved into a world where governments have the power to regulate individual consumption of substances.

I think the answer lies in the establishment of a society where we all chip in for the common good (taxes) and if an individuals behavior is considered self-destructive (read: expensive to society), we prohibit it.

What have we lost-what have we gained?image
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Exactly. Magic Potions should not only be legal, but encouraged....image

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Well sure Jester, you're not too far from countries which feature legal "substance" bars, good herb to illuminate the soul.

Why it reminds me of that one time in Thailand in 1969, but no-I'd better not go there.image
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    Jig??? What about a reel?????image