Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone attend the Vegas PCGS Grade and Trade Coin show?

BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
If so, how was it?
There once was a place called
Camelotimage

Comments

• Options
    NumismanicNumismanic Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭
    I attended the seminar on Tuesday which was very interesting for me. DH passed around nine Morgan silver dollars and one Saint Gaudens $20 for us to guess the grades. I did pretty bad, getting only three out of ten right. I really blew it on one Morgan guessing MS64 with what I thought was a poor strike was actually wear grading AU58, and the $20 I guessed AU58 was acually an MS64 with light cabinet friction.image
    He also passed around some counterfeit gold coins for us to see. There were alot of nice coins on the bourse tables, but I didn't get anything. I submitted a PCGS MS65 1935D Buffalo in an old green tag holder for a regrade, I'm hoping it will go MS66. The best part though was meeting some forum members, including Stuart, Tradedollarnut, and Tjkillian. I wish I could have spent more time but I had alot of fun!

Regards,
    Don
  • Options
    melikecoinsmelikecoins Posts: 1,154 ✭✭
    I was there

Did poorly on the Morgan test, but then again I never graded one before.

Good food

Won $30 on the slots

Very pleased

Glen
    I don't buy slabs I make them
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I'm very surprised no one has mentioned much about it.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    I was there both days, and thouroughly enjoyed the seminar and impromptu grading test. My errors on the test were grading the first coin MS66 instead of MS66PL (I still stand by my grade on that one!), and calling the AU58 an MS62 (that one caught a lot of people!). It was very nice to meet forum members tjkillian and Stuart and their wives. Perhaps sooner or later Stuart can post the forum member photo we took on Tuesday. PCGS wasn't giving out free grades at this show either! Grading was strict as usual.

Kyle
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a real pleasure meeting Leo Garcia, Wayne, TJKillian, Numismanic, NJCoinCrank, Mark Feld, Badger, MS-68, Kyle Knapp, David Hall, B.J., Sandy, the rest of the PCGS gang, Dealers and Forum Members at this week's PCGS Invitational.

I was very pleased with my results on David Hall's Morgan Dollar & Saint Gaudens Grading Test. I confirmed that I'm a conservative grader and was consistently 1 grading point below DH -- which is OK for me as a collector who prefers to be selective about picking up premium quality coins.

I'll write up a proper show report as promised, with lots of digital photos, as soon I can get unburied from my regular day job and this week's upcoming Business Trade Show that I will be attending in Dallas (Sun-Wed).

Thanks to all of the new friends that Debbie and I made and with whom we enjoyed visiting in Las Vegas this week! And thanks to PCGS for providing us with the complimentary trip. The Venetian Hotel is a very beautiful and special place for a meeting like this!

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file