Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone know the pop on 1955 Bugs Bunnies?

Anacs of course.

My anacs pop report is about 5 years old and obviously not relevant. I'm buying these coins and was wondering what in the world the pops are.

Thanks in advance!

Rgrds
TP image

Comments

• Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭

I know at least one........image

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    BustHalfBrianBustHalfBrian Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭
    Guarantee the number of surviving examples is far greater than whatever the pop reports/estimates might say.

This variety is common... So common in fact that I keep whatever shot 65s I cherrypick raw because there just wouldn't be any money to be made if I were to submit them and send 'em to auction.

Lurking and learning since 2010. Full-time professional numismatist.
  • Options
    sniocsusniocsu Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭
    I agree. These are very common in the marketplace. Great coin though
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    $708.53

55 Bugs on 1-13-2013

I became too busy doing something else otherwise I would have bought this coin. Dang.

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a raw in MS63....tons of these things exist.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    According to Rick Tomaska's book, A Guide Book of Franklin & Kennedy Half Dollars, perhaps 1-2% of the original mintage comprised the "Bugs Bunny" variety. This corresponds to approximately 25,000-50,000 coins. Mr. Tomaska notes that the "Bugs Bunny" is probably the most sought after Frankin half dollar variety.
    "Clamorous for Coin"
  • Options

Back around 1985 or 86 I bought several rolls of Franklins and one was a 1955 and there was 8 or ten Buggs
    in that one roll and I still have them in 2 X 2 holders today. The 55 s need to be very nice mint state with FBL to really
    bring a premium. Now the other years are another story and it would be nice to see a pop on the different years
    that are out there and to see just what years are available.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file