Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCC Premier Certified Coins (Scam Auction?)

Check this auction out. Has anybody ever heard of PCC?

WE WILL BE LIQUIDATING THESE COINS IN LIMITED QUANTITIES THROUGH EBAY AND OTHER OUTLETS. THIS AUCTION CONTAINS VARIOUS DATES AND GRADES( PR67, PR68, PS 69) PENNIES, NICKELS, DIMES, AND QUARTERS. THE SELECTION YOU RECEIVE WILL BE RANDOM FROM THESE 5 DENOMINATIONS. WE WILL GUARANTEE THE MORE LOTS YOU BID ON, A BETTER SELECTION OF COINS YOU WILL RECEIVE AND THE MAJORITY WILL BE PROOF COINS.

Ok so they all grade PR67, PR68 and PR69 but the majority will be proof coins? Doesn't majority imply that some won't be proof?

Auction Link
Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com

Comments

• Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    I think this seller has had this kind of auction before. I don't know anything about PCC so I can't judge. I image that some will not be proof.
  • Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    Because I'm so old and conservative, I'll say: RED FLAG!image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    I would avoid bidding.I never bid on "pig in a poke" auctions.
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW!!! And only $8.50 for shipping!
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536

<< <i>Has anybody ever heard of PCC? >>

They've been discussed here before. They've been around for I believe four to six months. (Don't have my notes.) They use a slab shell first introduced by Coinland at the fall ANA convention in 2002. They don't seem to have a website and as yet I do not know where they are located. I have started seeing a few of their slabs beginning to show up at coin shows (But not as many as NCC) but so far they seem to be mainly an eBay item. It is probably wholely owned by a dealer who is mostly slabbing his own material at the moment, and probably some from dealers and/or collectors who know who he is. The part in italics is speculation on my part at the moment.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file