Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Looking for UD Heroes Autos

You know the ones I'm talking about....

Usually limited to 2500, signed art card inserts in the insanely mass produced early 1990's Upper Deck products. I'm thinking of starting a set. I'm not positive exactly how many they did, but here are the ones I want the most (in order):

1. Ted Williams
2. Nolan Ryan
3. Hank Aaron
4. Bench/Morgan
5. Brett Hull
6. Walter Payton
7. Dan Marino
8. Jerry West

Am I forgetting any?

Comments

• Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    9. Reggie Jackson
    10. Willie Mays
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    sweet set idea. Might be tought though
  • Options
    Ah, forgot two of the best!

I thought it was a pretty cool set idea too. I always wanted the Nolan when I was originally collecting 1991 UD, but I was 12 at the time and could never afford it. The cards arent that limited compared to today's stuff, but they're apparantly hard as heck to find. Probably due to the fact that they're buried in thousands of unopened cases of worthless junk cards.
  • Options
    Damn. I thought I had a shot at the number one card on my list. Then I get this:

Please be advised that the following auction:

4123406728 - Ted Williams 1992 Upper Deck AUTOGRAPH RARE ! BGS 10 ?

was ended early by eBay. The auction was ended due to the account suspension of the seller.
    All results for this auction are null and void.

Regards,
    Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department) eBay Inc

Arrrgh
  • Options
    There are many more. The true heroes set has gone from 1991-2007 (at least in football) and there are 6 numbered autos, and 117 cards.
    I have a couple football autos if you're interested.
  • Options
    I have a Reggie Jackson graded by that other company. Grade is 9 with 10 auto. Any idea of what the value is on this card?
    Thanks,
    Tim
  • Options
    RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭
    Scratch Willie Mays. If there is an autographed 1993 Upper Deck out there, it is an "aftermarket" card. There was not one randomly inserted in packs.

Now you are down to 9 to collect...a good start already!
  • Options
    Here's a Jackson auto
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280242936997&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT&ih=018

LOL I feel dumb. Anyone esle here notice the thread was started in '04?
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    11. Wilt Chamberlain.

Also, make sure you don't get the ones sold by UDA in the late 90s. I know they did a Payton and Marino, not sure who else. I think they were numbered to 2800 or 3500.
  • Options
    why would you NOT get the ones above? the payton autos typically sell (ungraded) from anywhere ~200 - 5oo dollars. Anyway yeah I realized it was old after I replied but I'm a huge football heroes auto fan.

I have

Namath - psa 9
    Montana - psa 9
    payton - psa 9
    Marino - psa 8
    theismann - psa 10
    staubach - being graded
    aikman - being graded

each of the above is the highest grade in existence. all pop 1's except the theismann (sold the other one) and the montana (sold the other one)

... and no sanders... the last I need of the original sets!!!