Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

worth submitting?

would any of these be worth grading or just sell them raw? all 3 of them were just pulled from wax packs. from what i've been reading on the boards, cards of this age the OC qualifier would hurt them and i suspect they would all get some type of qualifier:

80 Topps Henderson - off center

81 Donruss Ryan - miscut

82 Donruss Ryan - off center and rough bottom

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

Comments

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Do not waste your money getting these graded.

I would put the Henderson on Ebay and it will probably sell depending on the minimum you put on it.

The Ryan's probably would not sell. There is a lot of product from those years (1981, 1982, and up) out there.

Good Luck,

Bob

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I had a similar henderson , i sold it raw and I think i got 15-20 bucks. that henderson looks like the print is off also. list them the way they are. I sold a bunch of 66 philly football stars raw as pack fresh o/c and got more than I thought I would and all buyers were happy. I have another group up now if anyone is interested. hgh hgh spam. sorry

If the card is a major card from 72 back ,you are probably better off getting it graded if it will get a 9 o/c.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I have become very proficient with 1980 cards over the last several months, so I will say this about the Henderson. Don't grade it. Unfortunately, that is a very common problem with that card (O/C), and it looks like the top left corner is dinged as well. I have sent in several nicer versions, looking for 9's, and only had success once (all 8's). This one might wind up with a low grade (6-7) and no qualifier. Sell it raw, you would probably get $20-$25 or so for it.

The Ryan's are not worth that much even in 9's. Forget it.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    The top left corner of the Henderson looks dinged.....but the scan might have a particle or something. If the corners are all good, the print and colors are right on, then you have a PSA 8 or 9 OC. This does not look too bad at all. Its just a shift to one side--a perfect shift. Its not crocked or slanted. Wear is more of a problem than centering in terms of value. However, I have seen so many ignorant collectors salivate over a centered Henderson that they overlook the corners, print dots and edges (stupid). Run a search on ebay and see how much 8/9 OC sell for in the completed items. Selling a Henderson raw is very difficult unless your feedback is perfect. $15 sounds about right. Maybe $20 in raw form.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee