Home U.S. Coin Forum

cheerio cents

does anyone have a picture of a slabbed cheerio cent?
The Wegner ARRC Bingle Set

Looking for 1967 PCGS/NGC slabbed coins.

Comments

• I don't have a slabbed one (not that I have the money TO get one slabbed), But I have one in the origonal cardbard sheet for the year 2000 in my safe at home. Supposedly one of the first 10,000,000 minted.
  • someone mentioned that one of the non-PCGS/NGC slabbers would slab them with "CHEERIOS" on the label. It was either ANACS or ICG. I'm curious what they look like.

• Hrm, that would be very cool. Then again, if I got mine slabbed, I would no longer have the cent in the origonal cheerio's package. lol
  • coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭
    Dunno 'bout that but I have a couple dozen of the ones Cheerios wrapped up for me image
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
  • what was the 'big' giveaway? some were Sacagawea's??

• Yes, it was. The cardboard thing my cent is in has pics of the obverse of the Sacagawea dollar on it, as well as the 2000 cent.

Sadly, I only ever got ONE box of cheerios way back when, and since then, I've had maybe 4 bowles total of any type of cheerios (that should tell you about how often I get cereal, and when I DO get cereal, it's gone about as fast as I can open the box...).
  • I have never seen a cheerio's sacagawea... hahaha

• On topic, but in left field...

Have you ever looked at a Cheerio and wonder what it would grade?

I do this sometimes with Altoids... seriously. image
    You shout in your sleep.
    Perhaps the price is just too steep.
    Is your conscience at rest if once put to the test?
    You awake with a start to just the beating of your heart.
    Just one man beneath the sky,
    Just two ears, just two eyes.
  • Found a site that has scans of the box and a 2000 cent in the cheerio holder.

Damn I wish I would've won $100 worth of sacagawea dollars.....
  • that scanned cheerio is too cool.

• I actually have a slabbed 'Cheerios' cent, from ANACS (not at all sure/unsure if anyone else slabbed them) ....and yes, they do 'attribute' it, or does 'pedigree' sound better? ANACS places the pedigree just under the cert #. Regardless, mine is MS64...and as one would guess from being slammed by a bunch of other cents, no doubt handled with kid gloves at slabbing, and finally being HAMMERED by a bunch of Cheerios, it has its share of contact marks and does exhibit a TINY fleck here and there...but overall, nothing spectacular, just a solid MS64 2000 Lincoln (did I say "solid MS64 2000 Lincoln cent"??? That sounds so ebayish...lol)...I wanted grab one (why, I have no idea) but didnt want one in the cardboard holder (they are kinda cheesy that way, and I just happened to see this one on ebay, for all of $4.00, not including s/h/i)...I pretty much got it for the story...that story being "... if I cant have a 'Jack Lee PCGS Tour' pedigree, then the next best thing for me is 'Cheerios'"....(yeah, I think 'pedigree' sounds better). I will try to have an image of it tomorrow (my coin pic skills have yet to be tested, so why the heck not on a 'Cheerios' cent? Quite honestly?? I NEVER thought this would be brought up on these boards, but look at what happened...I seem to be one of the few that actually has one, AND I get a chance to play with my 'Cheerios' cent!!! WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!

MFS
    'My name is...... Shakezula, the mic rulah, the old schoola, you wanna trip, I'll bring it to ya.....'
  • Man, I am jealous.

If you put that up on Ebay, I'll run it up!

c

• I would as well. I own no slabbed coins. A cheerios cent slabbed coin would be neat-o.
  • Heh I always spent them or put them in my change jar.
  • chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Found a site that has scans of the box and a 2000 cent in the cheerio holder. >>

Excellent!

Bob
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • I sold mine raw on Ebay for .65c and the buyer wanted it insured at 3.95 + 1.10 PSHI.image
    I ate my cheerio's for free.:3dancingsmiley
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people want these slabbed? To me the value is in the intact item only.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Here's a scan of the Cheerios dollar that I got and auctioned off immediately... image
    (no idea if it got slabbed)

imageimageimage
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have the box of cheerio's to go along with the cent. Not sure I want to dig into it though. Think I can get the box slabbed?
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭
    I have 4 or 5 still in the original sealed 2X2 plastic. Mine were not attached to anything that states they are from the Cherrios boxes.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • that pic of the sac and cent is awesome.

Did Eliasberg have one of those??? Nooooooo...

• SandhawkSandhawk Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭
    What a waste of money!!

imageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file