Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Dealer and time to Germany

Has anyone dealt with this dealer? Muenzhausen

I have never had any problems with German dealers and this guy had essentially good feedback but when I told him it would cost me as much to wire the money as the medal cost he said he'd gladly take the cash. So, against my better judgement, I placed $40 in a secured and Registered packet to him in Germany. This was done nearly a month ago and he claims he has still not received it. I sent him a scanned image of the receipt and Registered packet paperwork (can't do anything from this end) but he appears to not really care whether it is resolved or not.

Anyone had any Registered packets going to Germany recently that can tell me the time frame for arrival? My last one sent to Germany got there in 8 days and I'm thinking this guy might be trying to pull a fast one on me. S

Comments

• Options
    Got one from Germany in 10 days. Sent 2 regular mail to germany got there in 8-10 days. This was in the last month.

Mark
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    I have had letters both ways take longer than a month. The longest was 2 months and it had Tire tracks on itimage
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    hmmm, maybe I should assume that the Registered packet would take longer...it may be stuck in customs because it looked suspicious, Why send a packet Registered and claim it has no value, which is what I did. I should have just sent it in regular mail I guess...
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Sorry, no one I've ever dealt with (nor come across before). Registered mail to and from Germany usually takes about 10 days.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    If he is a dealer in Germany maybe you could pay him a visit while you are there.
    Wanted: High grade Irish (Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland or British) coins, slabbed and unslabbed. Also looking for Proof and Uncirculated Sets
    PM with info.

Auction Sniper For all your sniping needs. Tell them I sent you and I'll get three free snipes!

e-bay ID= 29john29
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    True, he is in Köln (Cologne) which is about 50 miles south of Essen, where Pater lives. I don't know if it is worth the drive for a $30 medal. Now that I think about it, perhaps I'll ask some of the German dealers if they know who this guy is...
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    It might be worth the drive to test the top speed of your set of wheels......

Good luck with the resolution.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22