Home U.S. Coin Forum

I can't believe people are falling for this

Please help with the old linkerino. It's Ebay 3906380260. He had a Silver Eagle toned the EXACT same way last week. Until Eagles start being stored in mint bags and spend 50 years or so hanging around in storage, I don't think so! Now this. There seems to be one rather experienced bidder in the mix that you think would know better. Anyone working on a Peace Dollar AT Registry Set?image

Comments

• USAROKUSAROK Posts: 887 ✭✭✭
  • Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a torch job.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• You can see the bubbling of molten silver at the top left corner. Too bad. It was once a nice MS 60 or better, now worthless junk. The bright side is if morons keep destroying nice coins like this the good examples will become more scarce.
  • Sorry guys, but if that was heated with a torch, why is the color only on one side? Think about it! I'm not saying it is NT, I'm just saying it was not heated with a torch!!!!
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very odd that the same colors repeat at intervals whereas on normal bag type toning you see a rainbow of blending colors. Check out the green bands that repeat. The abrupt ending of ALL color at her face seems odd too...like it was masked off. Very strange looking to say the least. Hey, how much for the black and white checker board blanket in the background??

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    thats not a torch job, that dandruff shampoo one side, quick wash.

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file