Home U.S. Coin Forum

Auction picture trickery at eBay.

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here are the two auctions. Pay attention to the individual reverse pictures which appear to be the same.

PR64
PR66

When I came upon the PR64 listing I assumed it was a wrongly designated Type 2 coin and bid. When I checked the auction for the PR66 it was clear that the reverse picture only is the same in both auctions. I have sent the seller an e-mail asking for clarification.

Any suggestions??

Al H.image

Comments

• Hopefully just a listing snafu...the two reverses being obviously different, you
    wouldn't think they were trying to play games.

• airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is it's a mistake... I thought you meant someone "upgraded" and listed a coin they didn't have from the title... I feel sooo let down image *sniff*
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • BigAlBigAl Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭

I agree, same pic.

I suppose you could always retract if the pic is incorrect---under the grounds that the seller 'changed the auction description.' Or, if he doesn't respond, you could retract under 'seller did not respond after repeated attempts'.

Could be an honest mistake, hopefully you'll get timely clarification.
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i received an e-mail from the seller this morning stating that she had changed the picture for the PR66 coin. upon looking, they're both the same. we shall see. with the e-mail came a rather startling recognition of who the seller is. WOWZER!!!!!!!

al h.image
  • wayneherndonwayneherndon Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file