Home U.S. Coin Forum

24 toned Peace $ and not a single one I like -- Ugggghhh!

Not often do I come across an entire set of album toned Peace $, but I'm not even sure I would want this one.

2 or 3 nice ones and it could pay for the entire set -- but there aren't even 2 or 3 nice ones.

Any thoughts?

Complete Toned Peace $ Set

Michael

Comments

• CaseyCasey Posts: 1,502 ✭✭
    A whole lot of ugly in that set. Wow.
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't buy that those are album toned... they look artificial (chemical)
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • I've come across this guys auctions before and he always seems to have allot of "less than desirable" merchandise in my opinion.
    That Peace collection is pretty ugly. My first thoughts were that someone went to allot of effort to AT those coins to hide something?

"fugly!"

• FrattLawFrattLaw Posts: 3,290 ✭✭
    No they aren't AT, those colors are typical for Whitman album toning. Just a shame that none of them toned nicely. I bet the pics make them worse then they really are. There are a couple that have nice luster with milder toning, but nothing spectacular. I almost lost my dinner when I read his auction title though -- until I saw the pics. I wish he would show the reverses though.

Michael
  • stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure the pics are terrible. I also think many are questionable.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • I'm not a modern coin collector but it's plain to see that the eye appeal is very poor!image
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • Not AT? Those glow in the dark blues are not typical. Those babies have been fried. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file